Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
For the people having issues with no audio from the tablet I found a way that makes it work. Whenever you stop getting sound from the tablet, you have to go to console then music on the top bar then go the the app list and select the app you want to play whatever you want to listen to, it works for me.
Good info. Maybe Guy can add this to the first post so we can find it later on?

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a unit for a buddy with the 2nd gen sync with Auto AC today. Pretty much the same install as 3rd gen sync, except the sync brain attaches via a cpu like connection squarely in the middle of the brain. I wasn't sure which side was "up" so we guessed at keeping the writing facing up and it worked. There also wasn't a connection for the extra speaker to plug into. There was a wire labelled "speaker" but it was plugged into something. So we ended up not plugging in the speaker since it didn't really work on mine anyway.

I'm not sure where the 2nd gen sync GPS plug is, so we used the included GPS puck. No option to use the factory GPS antenna like I did with my 3rd gen (without nav, all I lose is the compass). Other than that the install went great and the unit is working fine. I'm 2/2 on working units so far...

Jc85

Reaction score
So I found a trick to work around by volume issue. Upon initial start up, if I go to console mode and adjust my volume using steering wheel there first, I have no problem when adjusting the volume in any of my other apps. Now if only I could find a solution to not being able to change tracks with my steering wheel I'd be happy .

mata

Reaction score
Hey Tony, how is your system for 4inch screen working? i am having a lot of issues

Is the update for the 4in screen units as well? Phoenix could include a .txt file with patch notes. Any body using this update yet?

TonyM203

Reaction score
Hey Tony, how is your system for 4inch screen working? i am having a lot of issues
No major issues so far, sometimes the audio on the tablet will stop but I found a work around it, and the temperature is wrong (it shows 32F at all times). What issues are the issues you're having?

mata

Reaction score
radio (console) audio overrides any other audio source.
bluetooth connects but cant be heard (you can just listen to the fm audio)
reverse camera does not work.
sometimes the console overrides any other app

No major issues so far, sometimes the audio on the tablet will stop but I found a work around it, and the temperature is wrong (it shows 32F at all times). What issues are the issues you're having?

TonyM203

Reaction score
radio (console) audio overrides any other audio source.
bluetooth connects but cant be heard (you can just listen to the fm audio)
reverse camera does not work.
sometimes the console overrides any other app
Thats bad... Id return it it I had those problems.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to hook iPhone via usb and the music player pick it up. I’ve tried Bluetooth but it doesn’t play sound. Also are you guys running Bluetooth through the unit and through the sync pass through? Or just one or the other. I’m just trying to get the unit to play from my iPhones playlist. Instead of using CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk