Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That music shouldn’t continue to play. Something is amiss.

There is a connector that connects to the back of the tablet. It’s a white connector. It connects towards the top of the unit below the top camera button(s) et al. It’s a very tight connector. Pull it out and firmly press it back in place along with all those connectors up top there. It takes a little bit for it to “click” in place.

Also make sure your canbus connector to the red box is firmly seated and that everything is connected as per the YouTube video. I believe your issue is that the tablet audio isn’t connected via the pigtails to And so all you are getting is sync audio.

Your next 2 internet beers are on me. I re-plugged the white connectors and made sure everything else was drop a nut tight. All good now. Thanks!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had this problem. To fix try making a phone call with your phone bluetoothed to the sync system. It should pull up your sync and the phone call. Hangup, then try and go back to youtube and see if it works. I’ve had mine get stuck like that and a phone call snapped it back to normal ops.

If that doesn’t work try reflashing the canbus via previous instructions.

Thanks, I will keep that in my hip pocket, should the need arise. Thank you for the help.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A

Actually, I do. But to answer your question, the default map in sync is ***** so it is definitely the OEM GPS being weird. It has me going in the opposite direction most times and it takes forever to recalculate.

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am finally mostly understanding the way the hardware works and interfaces with the OEM equipment.

The connectors are a huge source of grief for the installation. The other guy who had mobile toys install it.... and is missing features.... it’s an install/connector issue too.

Phoenix themselves had connector issues during their test install state-side.

The OEM nav is bunko right now. Mine went off again too. I’ll figure it out. Sat nav is a “weak signal” by definition and it’s sensitive to harmonic distortion as well as interference. Something about the install is causing it.

I don’t have time right now, but if someone wants to be my foot soldier and report back...

Do this for me... unplug the sat antenna from the TABLET only and retest the factory nav. Work? No? If it works...
Great... then try swapping. Plug the factory sat nav cable into the tablet and the tablet antenna into the sync unit and see if the signals go wonky again.

Report back. :). Otherwise it’ll be a bit for me to do further testing to narrow it down.

Your next 2 internet beers are on me. I re-plugged the white connectors and made sure everything else was drop a nut tight. All good now. Thanks!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what is a shame...

I think I’m about the only tech support you’re going to get for this thing. Phoenix is MIA.

As you guys keep learning... keep the info flowing.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on another forum that by default the Phoenix GPS is looking for satellites on the Chinese side of the world, not sure if that could be causing issues. Not sure where that setting even lives to be honest...

I had a really weak signal with the Phoenix antenna (above issue maybe?) so I used my trucks GPS antenna (which was back there even though my sync doesn’t have Nav...) and it works great. Never had an issue since.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what is a shame...

I think I’m about the only tech support you’re going to get for this thing. Phoenix is MIA.

As you guys keep learning... keep the info flowing.

since they not answering my whatapp for last 2 weeks i called the same # 323 as i whatsapp guy answered and not same guy i talked before. i asked him WTF happened to the great support at the start and all the jacked up orders shipped all over the usa

hah as i am typing this post now he answers on my whatsapp will copy past what he says

Capture.PNG

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am finally mostly understanding the way the hardware works and interfaces with the OEM equipment.

The connectors are a huge source of grief for the installation. The other guy who had mobile toys install it.... and is missing features.... it’s an install/connector issue too.

Phoenix themselves had connector issues during their test install state-side.

The OEM nav is bunko right now. Mine went off again too. I’ll figure it out. Sat nav is a “weak signal” by definition and it’s sensitive to harmonic distortion as well as interference. Something about the install is causing it.

I don’t have time right now, but if someone wants to be my foot soldier and report back...

Do this for me... unplug the sat antenna from the TABLET only and retest the factory nav. Work? No? If it works...
Great... then try swapping. Plug the factory sat nav cable into the tablet and the tablet antenna into the sync unit and see if the signals go wonky again.

Report back. :). Otherwise it’ll be a bit for me to do further testing to narrow it down.

OK so you are saying that the NAV is wonky - I thought I had a problem, I removed the unit and made sure the OEM antenna was on right, it was. I forgot to plug the sync USB cable back in so I'm gonna take it out again, this time I'll swap the antennas and see what happens.

TonyM203

Reaction score
since they not answering my whatapp for last 2 weeks i called the same # 323 as i whatsapp guy answered and not same guy i talked before. i asked him WTF happened to the great support at the start and all the jacked up orders shipped all over the usa

hah as i am typing this post now he answers on my whatsapp will copy past what he says

View attachment 120958

They are deff having production issues as well as logistics, my order placed on 2/12 is still not shipped out.

amp

Reaction score
I get the same wonky NAV also in Sync3. It seems every 5 minutes Sync3 will update the nav location, and then get the direction of travel correct, however if I make a left or a right turn, the Sync3 NAV spins in the opposite direction, so I'm going 180 degrees from where I turned. Wait 5 minutes, and then it'll snap you back to your correct location and direction of travel.

I use my truck as a daily driver, and I've been messing around with this issue for 3 days so far, with a few Sync3 master reset's mixed in there, with no luck yet. I've verified the GPS antenna connections for secure attachments, and all seems OK.

I'll give the 2 GPS antenna's a swap tomorrow to see how that works, since the tablet NAV antenna seems to work OK.

Also, still fighting the SYNC3 screen not reliabily booting up on startup, and instead just having a black screen. It takes a little bit of wiggling of the video wire to get it to come on. Pain in the ass because the backup camera doesn't work.