Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djc1603

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to get some support over whats app and nothing. I know they read my message but no response. I sent them an email with all the issues I am having and they sent me some update files but they are the same ones that are posted on here.

I am 50/50 on this thing at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, It’s great when it decides it wants to work. I had to do a hard reset on it over 15 times in the few days of owning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been going back an forth with them on email and they just sent me links to download a new image and can bus firmware. Not sure if they re the same as posted here. They didn't mention which of my reported issues that these updates are intended to address so I will update and see if any of my issues are corrected.

Jonnie510

Reaction score
I have been going back an forth with them on email and they just sent me links to download a new image and can bus firmware. Not sure if they re the same as posted here. They didn't mention which of my reported issues that these updates are intended to address so I will update and see if any of my issues are corrected.

It’s probably the same files.
Here’s what my system info looks like.
5def4449995777ac9fe1388e34edd118.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Got mine put in. I have no sound from any apps I put on the Phoenix, like Dish Anywhere or the Youtube app it came with. Video is fine, it's just not switching audio from the Sync3 to whatever app I'm running on the Phoenix.

Also, the Sync3 nav screen (console) says it's not working correctly and seems to move with the truck but it has me about 30 miles West of my actual location, in the middle of Lake Travis, by Marble falls. Google maps from the Phoenix has me in the correct place, odd. I plugged in the OEM GPS cable, am I supposed to use the one they sent? I figured the one they sent was for trucks that didn't have factory Nav.

I guess I need to put in the updates? The damn information sheet they sent with the unit was for a 2014 GM truck or something.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I initially installed my unit, I had sound but no screen. Upon further inspection, I had overlooked plugging in one of the white connectors towards the top of the unit. Once I plugged it in the screen started working.
Yeah I’m looking at it, but those two white plugs don’t seem to actually connect to anything. I’ve got the two usb’s, but the only other thing that connects is that red box. Then the two sets of plugs that seem to only fit each other. Otherwise I’ve got an aux, video in/out along with some unterminated wires. Ones for camera control, one says ccd power, and one says parcang. Then an orange, a red, and a gray that aren’t labeled. I suppose I need to splice them in somewhere.

2B74E99B-8099-492F-94E1-9400D88B56FE.jpeg 901A7EA4-B741-4316-B88C-22419C8A52F3.jpeg
image.jpg

Jonnie510

Reaction score
Yeah I’m looking at it, but those two white plugs don’t seem to actually connect to anything. I’ve got the two usb’s, but the only other thing that connects is that red box. Then the two sets of plugs that seem to only fit each other. Otherwise I’ve got an aux, video in/out along with some unterminated wires. Ones for camera control, one says ccd power, and one says parcang. Then an orange, a red, and a gray that aren’t labeled. I suppose I need to splice them in somewhere.

View attachment 120666 View attachment 120667
View attachment 120668

The two sets of plugs go into the CD player / main factory unit that sits below the factory screen. You take it out with 4 screws.

djc1603

Reaction score

View attachment 120666 View attachment 120667
View attachment 120668
Got mine put in. I have no sound from any apps I put on the Phoenix, like Dish Anywhere or the Youtube app it came with. Video is fine, it's just not switching audio from the Sync3 to whatever app I'm running on the Phoenix.

Also, the Sync3 nav screen (console) says it's not working correctly and seems to move with the truck but it has me about 30 miles West of my actual location, in the middle of Lake Travis, by Marble falls. Google maps from the Phoenix has me in the correct place, odd. I plugged in the OEM GPS cable, am I supposed to use the one they sent? I figured the one they sent was for trucks that didn't have factory Nav.

I guess I need to put in the updates? The damn information sheet they sent with the unit was for a 2014 GM truck or something.
Sounds like you may have connected the factory gps antenna to the gps input on the tablet. Try moving the blue gps antenna connector to the Sync 3 module gps input and then plug the included gps into the tablet gps input.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have connected the factory gps antenna to the gps input on the tablet. Try moving the blue gps antenna connector to the Sync 3 module gps input and then plug the included gps into the tablet gps input.

I thought there was only 1 blue female GPS plug available? Damn it.
If only the thing had come with some facking instructions with number steps or something.