Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any trick to getting the center console off? Some videos I watched use some kind of specialized pry tool that I assume is plastic to get the speaker cover off to access the bolts. I just don’t want to scratch shit up. Tried just yanking on it with my fingers, but it’s really on there. My ‘12 was much easier.

mata

Reaction score
i order some plastic pry tools from china, paid 2 dollars on ebay,. arrived before the radio so have not used them
Any trick to getting the center console off? Some videos I watched use some kind of specialized pry tool that I assume is plastic to get the speaker cover off to access the bolts. I just don’t want to scratch shit up. Tried just yanking on it with my fingers, but it’s really on there. My ‘12 was much easier.

roushraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a link. It takes a lot of pulling to get it off.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These guys are all goofed.

Someone replied to my WhatsApp like they had no idea...
When I only was having long, lengthy conversations with them a week ago.

Expect no support. It’s a shame. Great concept. I enjoy my unit... but the whole experience is lackluster. Started off strong. Couldn’t follow thru.
I assume you’re referring to
Phoenix support via WhatsApp....correct?

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These guys are all goofed.

Someone replied to my WhatsApp like they had no idea...
When I only was having long, lengthy conversations with them a week ago.

Expect no support. It’s a shame. Great concept. I enjoy my unit... but the whole experience is lackluster. Started off strong. Couldn’t follow thru.
Yeah crazy no idea what the hell happened same here has not answered me WhatsApp in 2 weeks I been copy past all the mess up orders and sending to him asking what the hell happened zero response back to me crazy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the quickboots have been VERY succesfull and they are just swamped with volume. If you look at the other communities (Toyota, Infiniti, etc) they are all buying like crazy now too. I just don’t think they are keeping up now that they finally have a fairly functional unit on their hands...

In other tablet news, I’ve been playing with launchers to replace the stock calendar/picture/clock page. So far tried car launcher pro and carwebguru. They are both pretty slick in that you can launch all your apps from the main page without having to bring up the app switcher or swipe the top bar. Check em out on the google play store.

Also installed a Nintendo/SNES emulator and am using a usb controller plugged into one of the Phoenix USB ports. Works great!

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a short hammer and rag and got it off. SO... it seems like I’ve got everything connected from sync to the unit, the only things not connected are the little speaker, mic, and gps that came with it, but the screen just doesn’t come on. Am I missing something?

Also, what are those two sets of plugs that only fit into each other coming off the included harness?

Jonnie510

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to get some support over whats app and nothing. I know they read my message but no response. I sent them an email with all the issues I am having and they sent me some update files but they are the same ones that are posted on here.

I am 50/50 on this thing at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, It’s great when it decides it wants to work. I had to do a hard reset on it over 15 times in the few days of owning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djc1603

Reaction score
I just used a short hammer and rag and got it off. SO... it seems like I’ve got everything connected from sync to the unit, the only things not connected are the little speaker, mic, and gps that came with it, but the screen just doesn’t come on. Am I missing something?

Also, what are those two sets of plugs that only fit into each other coming off the included harness?
When I initially installed my unit, I had sound but no screen. Upon further inspection, I had overlooked plugging in one of the white connectors towards the top of the unit. Once I plugged it in the screen started working.