Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear so many of you guys having issues with shipping i have no clue WTF happened someone in china messed up big time. i copy every one of your message to phoenix on whatsapp waiting to see how he responds

not cool at all gave them so much business and they messed up lots of orders i would be really pissed to if that was my order

BoostinFD

Reaction score
sorry to hear so many of you guys having issues with shipping i have no clue WTF happened someone in china messed up big time. i copy every one of your message to phoenix on whatsapp waiting to see how he responds

not cool at all gave them so much business and they messed up lots of orders i would be really pissed to if that was my order

I agree. It’s ****** the way they do business. If you mess up an order, or in any way, disappoint a customer, the way to make it right is to correct it. Should have shipped them all express... but nope. What they did was sent me another order... as if I ordered it now... today. And I’m supposed to wait another month? No way. Not worth it.

Another company will step up, I’m sure. This is very competitive market. I’ll check again in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasRaptor18

Reaction score
Just got email tonight with a new order number in the discount code says my old order number with wrong next to it and has it marked as paid. I also got the email saying send in make and model of truck to see if it fits. Like it’s a new order.

I got the same email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

danlong

Reaction score
I messaged them on WhatsApp again this afternoon and sent an email about my RMA and finally got a response to both late this evening with an RMA #.

djc1603

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been following this thread and just joined to respond with my brief experience with this unit. I have a 2018 F150 Platinum (not Raptor) and ordered this unit on Feb 10 like many of you. I just received my unit yesterday (Houston TX) and installed it last night. The install was very straight forward and the fit and finish are excellent. I have not spent a great deal of time with it yet but I echo some of the comments from another poster. The resolution of the Sync 3 pass through is a little soft and not as crisp as the factory display, is also looks slightly stretched but that could be my imagination. I showed it to some co-workers and they thought it looked fine but I am a little more picky and expected a straight pass through of the video image without any impact to the resolution. I haven't dug too much into the settings yet but did make the one recommended change mentioned in this thread and I couldn't see an improvement. The camera image is over saturated and does not seem as crisp as the factory unit either. The user interface is pretty bad looking which I knew going in but I am hoping to see if I can hack into it and change the icons to something not so cartoonish looking (I've been following the XDA developers thread someone posted earlier), I mean the cloning of the Internet Explorer icon for the browser is laughable. I have had a lot of experience dealing with Chinese manufacturers of various hardware/software products and their GUI's are generally very poor with regards to aesthetics and ease of navigation and I expected this going in so not shocking. Just wanted to validate it for those who may be wondering. Had they gone with a flat (non dimensional) white icon on a black or dark colored background like those on most modern graphical user interfaces and that somewhat matched the iconography theme of the Ford UI it would have looked OEM and more polished (in my opinion- but I also understand they are making this device for multiple vehicles so one interface will never be perfect for all vehicles). The navigation of the UI is also a little clunky and I agree that it should be easy to rearrange and remove icons at the top of the screen (perhaps this is possible, I just haven't dug enough) as there is too much scrolling past icons that will never be used to get to the ones that I use more often. I wish I could also have the top icons to collapse or disappear after a predetermined time of no touch activity and allow for a full screen view.
The audio of all sources seemed noticeably better as others have stated so that is a plus. I am hoping the bottom portion of the screen becomes more customizable very soon as it is a waste of space at the moment with no meaningful utility. Their attempt to add the preset and tune/scan buttons is also not very well implemented. The buttons (much like the volume buttons) are far too small and crowded for a device that is used as an interface in a moving vehicle. I could go on and on about the interface but I think you get the idea and it's one of my pet peeves so I bothers me more than most. I will continue to play with it to see if it will be serviceable on a daily basis.

Finally, Sorry to hear about everyone's tracking issues. I never tracked mine but as soon as it delivered yesterday, I received an email from Phoenix stating that it had delivered. The one thing that has me a little disturbed is that I just received an email with an order confirmation for another unit which I did not order. I immediately went to their site and canceled it and need to check to ensure my card was not charged or if it was, I was refunded. Seems like they are having some issues for sure.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably got someone else’s order. Lmao what the hell is even going on here.

I just cancelled my order. Will check back in a month or two.

I got an email tonight saying my order is on it’s way! Clicking the link showed it had already been delivered so I guess that part was right [emoji23]

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the plot thickens. After getting a second order number yesterday Phoenix now listed it as canceled by customer as reason

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I have an email with a third order number. This is getting really silly.

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the plot thickens. After getting a second order number yesterday Phoenix now listed it as canceled by customer as reason

LOL that was probably the new guy at the bottom of the previous page, who said he received an order for 2nd unit he didnt order, and cancelled it. This is crazy!