Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfo1z

Reaction score
Maybe not that exact product but their has to be something equivalent that you can make look close to oem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These tech guys are on another level than I when it comes to hacking code.

I mainly just want my unit to do what it’s doing and remain reliable in the process.

If somewhere in that 95 pages though some can tell me how to add a sidebar launcher that’d be cool though. All the popular ones I tried don’t stay running.

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys might be able to get some help from there on advance settings for these units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool thanks for the pointer. That’s a long thread I’ll be reading in detail over the next few days.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am an audio guy.

The streaming direct from tablet to my dsr1 and amps is a major upgrade over CarPlay streaming in terms of audio quality.

Real-time traffic and Waze depend on it as well. YouTube is great for waiting. Netflix et al works.

That being said, no you don’t need WiFi as a built in hotspot. With even no WiFi the functionality is that of sync3.

Knobs. I don’t miss much. A little. But I’m so blown away that it’s worth the sacrifice

i agree 100% with the little 5 mins i had that day with unit the audio sounds so much better direct from tablet then using sync.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite the contrary.

I’m finding that sync 3 at this point is almost completely an afterthought. Higher quality audio with a greater selection is available to me directly from the tablet.

I am RARELY bringing up the sync console at this point.

There is no way to scale the sync screen to the whole tablet. The sync screen is literally PASSED thru to the tablet. The image is the same size and location as stock. The image is produced by the sync brain and they aren’t altering that in any way. It would be like going to a movie theatre and trying to get the projector to display a different size on the screen when the door to the projectionist room is locked.

They have plans for that empty space. It’s where the additional virtual buttons are headed I think.

It doesn’t bother me, but I have a white raptor that looks exactly like the picture.

i have a feeling be same with me. i can use waze full screen using waze app from tablet like my tesla where sync map still small.

my 19 has 4gLTE hot spot and with att its only $20 a month unlimited data so i will keep a connection live 24/7 and use all the android apps vs sync

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, I am not super techy, but I seem to remember reading here that the Phoenix has a USB port. Thoughts on putting a usb wireless receiver in the unit for a keyboard/mouse? I hate using pop-up keyboards. I guess the phone hotspot connects via wifi, maybe a bluetooth keyboard instead?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy blazing saddles!

They already updated the software to include seek buttons, tune buttons, a media button and numbered the station slots.

Looks GOOD. They sent me a video. They are testing it.

TonyM203

Reaction score
Hello guys I made an account just to post on this thread and I have a couple of questions to people who already have theirs or have seen it work, If youre not using sync3 or 2 can you have two apps running splitting the screen (ex.spotify and waze) or it can only be one and the raptor with the rpm and speed is always taking one slot? Does the music player in the unit shows the art work on the screen?