Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostinFD

Reaction score
Question for those of you with Sync3 and that have bought this thing...

Is it really worth the $600? I just got my truck, last week actually... I like the open tablet look, but I don't know if I need anything more than what the sync3 gives me. I kept going back and forth over the weekend... I would add it to the cart, come close to check out and then cancel. I just don't know what extra does it really give, to be worth the 600 over the sync3. I understand that you can browse the internet (if you have data plan), and you can watch youtube (again,data) etc... but is that it... or is there something more that i'm missing?

Thank you... and sorry if the question offends anyone (we live in a weird times HA!)

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Number 1...

The stock setup is antiquated in appearance and downright ugly.

After the change... it’s pretty up to date.

You get quite a bit more by switching. You have access to any android app you want. You have access to routing a dash cam to it with dvr function. You have the ability to choose your default navigation and use it without tying up your phone.

You have the ability to run extra cameras, extra audio inputs as you desire. You can save an audio library to the tablet and have it at your ready. You have full screen and split screen at your finger tips. You can mirror your phone.

I’m just scratching the surface.

I can’t figure out how this thing isn’t $2000.00

It’s absolute steal.

Question for those of you with Sync3 and that have bought this thing...

Is it really worth the $600? I just got my truck, last week actually... I like the open tablet look, but I don't know if I need anything more than what the sync3 gives me. I kept going back and forth over the weekend... I would add it to the cart, come close to check out and then cancel. I just don't know what extra does it really give, to be worth the 600 over the sync3. I understand that you can browse the internet (if you have data plan), and you can watch youtube (again,data) etc... but is that it... or is there something more that i'm missing?

Thank you... and sorry if the question offends anyone (we live in a weird times HA!)

BoostinFD

Reaction score
Number 1...

The stock setup is antiquated in appearance and downright ugly.

After the change... it’s pretty up to date.

You get quite a bit more by switching. You have access to any android app you want. You have access to routing a dash cam to it with dvr function. You have the ability to choose your default navigation and use it without tying up your phone.

You have the ability to run extra cameras, extra audio inputs as you desire. You can save an audio library to the tablet and have it at your ready. You have full screen and split screen at your finger tips. You can mirror your phone.

I’m just scratching the surface.

I can’t figure out how this thing isn’t $2000.00

It’s absolute steal.

Thank you! I appreciate you answering my questions. I was never an android guy... I'm an apple sheep HA! That being said, I see what you're saying and I guess, for me, being that I just bought the truck, and didn't have that much time to get bored with the stock sync3, I was trying to justify the extra cost. It almost makes me think I should have just gotten the 801 package instead of 802.

I may give it a shot. I just hope, it's not like one of those other cheapy tablets that crap out after a few months. Thanks a lot.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak to the longevity of it, but the quality of construction is OEM. Phoenix claims to back it with a 1 year warranty.

The fit is just absolutely OEM perfect.

Ram ain’t got nothin’ on me now!

Muhahahah!

Thank you! I appreciate you answering my questions. I was never an android guy... I'm an apple sheep HA! That being said, I see what you're saying and I guess, for me, being that I just bought the truck, and didn't have that much time to get bored with the stock sync3, I was trying to justify the extra cost. It almost makes me think I should have just gotten the 801 package instead of 802.

I may give it a shot. I just hope, it's not like one of those other cheapy tablets that crap out after a few months. Thanks a lot.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, the USB ports in front of the gear shifter still function? And volume controls? Only on the steering wheel or are there virtual knobs for that and tuning?

BoostinFD

Reaction score
So, the USB ports in front of the gear shifter still function? And volume controls? Only on the steering wheel or are there virtual knobs for that and tuning?

My understanding is that all the USB ports work as they did before, and yes, there are virtual up and down buttons on the screen. It's displayed in one of the demos.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, the site says:
Optional Accessories:

• Carplay and Android Auto module.
So we need something additional ?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK thx - there was no option to order it anyway... now onto the install, seems easy enough - I'm guessing the hardest part is removing the OEM stuff? Anyone have tips to offer?