Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djc1603

Reaction score
For anyone that's interested.

Here's the latest and greatest software from phoenix.
https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshd...2-3-newest-software-update-and-how-to-install

It fixes the front camera so you won't need to go to console to bring up the front camera anymore.
I haven't had much time with it yet but i think this is the software the PX6 unit is shipping out with.
I installed this sw on my PX3 and it still didn't give me the front camera view when not in console mode. It also changed my steering wheel controls so that the RWD and FFD buttons no longer stepped through my radio presets but rather performed a seek function tuning the radio to the next available station and not the next preset. I didn't any obvious setting that would change this so I reinstalled my previous version of SW. If you have any ideas of settings that may correct this, please let me know.

Thanks

Jonnie510

Reaction score
I installed this sw on my PX3 and it still didn't give me the front camera view when not in console mode. It also changed my steering wheel controls so that the RWD and FFD buttons no longer stepped through my radio presets but rather performed a seek function tuning the radio to the next available station and not the next preset. I didn't any obvious setting that would change this so I reinstalled my previous version of SW. If you have any ideas of settings that may correct this, please let me know.

Thanks

Did you also install the simplecanbus and MCU updates? I think that’s what gives you the front camera feature. Try reinstalling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battlezone396

Reaction score

Thanks

I'm having the same issue djc1603 did update the MCU work? I'm going to have to give this a try my self and report back.

I was sad at first the cameras would not work outside of console mode. Having access to the camera's any time would be sick.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The name of the folder with the new update on freshdesk says "no song skip" so it sounds like that is a "feature" of that new firmware...I am holding off on downloading/installing it.

djc1603

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue djc1603 did update the MCU work? I'm going to have to give this a try my self and report back.

I was sad at first the cameras would not work outside of console mode. Having access to the camera's any time would be sick.
No, I did not. I was in the process of waiting on the new PX6 unit and it just came in so I installed that and gave up on the PX3 unit. The PX6 is much faster and so far seems superior in every way.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve contacted them twice now to get the longer cable both by phone and Facebook message and they keep saying the newer long cable isn’t shipping yet

Pinged them again tonight on the new longer cable via FB messenger(for the 3rd or 4th time) and they finally said yes the cable is available and a couple minutes later I had a notification that it was ordered and shipping! (They didn’t charge me for it)

c47f1d0242b1c152965f56230cee85cd.jpg

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone that's interested.

Here's the latest and greatest software from phoenix.
https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshd...2-3-newest-software-update-and-how-to-install

It fixes the front camera so you won't need to go to console to bring up the front camera anymore.
I haven't had much time with it yet but i think this is the software the PX6 unit is shipping out with.

Thanks

Anyone get an error when installing this version? I get about 1/4 of the way through installing before 'error' with the Android robot and warning icon pop up. I had just flashed the simplecan and mcu updates from the same link prior to trying this px3 update.