Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which cable are you referring too? Sorry if I missed it in a previous msg. I’m returning my older unit for the Px6.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which cable are you referring too? Sorry if I missed it in a previous msg. I’m returning my older unit for the Px6.
The actual shop in California is making a longer wiring cable that connects to the Sync3 so it can be mounted right side up which will make the factory nav work again.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actual shop in California is making a longer wiring cable that connects to the Sync3 so it can be mounted right side up which will make the factory nav work again.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you.....
So did they resolve some of the other bugs with this newer version?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would wait for the longer cable. I’ll let you know when they seem to have them. It doesn’t make sense to keep pulling the dash open.

Look.... I had to tow my truck as a result...

Further... no upgrade path. The units are integrated with the bezel. Can’t really take them apart.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently have the original sync 3 setup back in my truck because of the dealer trip.

It looks horrible and has tremendous lack of functionality. I can’t wait to get it out of there.... if that’s any idea of how much better the Phoenix is.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be paying a re-stocking fee, plus cost of shipment but I believe it’ll be better than the px3 unit, especially since you’ve had it installed already and have a good idea on the comparisons . Now that I’ve installed/uninstalled it a few times, it’s not that bad. I’m going to be putting in a vhf radio in the area below this unit anyway, so I’m in no hurry to put the newer unit in.
I’ll check with them as well on the longer cables. If they get that resolved w/o any other issues, I’ll be very happy.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to order one of the PX6 tonight. I was wondering if anyone knew if you could add a front camera if my truck didn't come with a factory front camera. ?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a quick update.

So the unit is reinstalled. I popped 2 more fuses. It’s the 7.5 amp f13 in the kick panel. Anyway. You have to be really careful with the HVAC control boards as the metal posts are extremely close to circuit board contacts and I had to insulate them with liquid electrics tape to stop the issue.

Now that it’s up and running.... it’s fantastic hardware. It’s as smooth as my iPhone. There isn’t any screen lag or keyboard lag and waze opens in about 3 seconds. It’s also buttery smooth.

Good news is that the sound quality is fixed for Pandora, Spotify and Tidal. all sound crisp and clean and are super smooth and fast to open and use.

The Bluetooth 5 module is much better as well, but the Bluetooth built in microphone is still muffled for people on the other end. It’s a moot point because you should use sync 3 for your Bluetooth. The built in microphones and such thru sync 3 will always be cleaned and better.

There are no screen image quality issues. Further, the 360 camera button now pulls up your cameras in a full screen format without having to have sync 3 open.

The steering wheel controls are a little wonky right now.

There is a bug where you have to go from console to music tab to “close the console” to get sound to work for apps on the tablet.

They are aware of the above bugs and are coding software fixes.

This device is “the one” in my opinion. It has the horsepower to deliver the user experience and run all the latest apps and navigation.

Split screen is effortless now.

If you are tech savvy... jump in... if you want it to “just work” then wait for a few weeks of software updates to fix above bugs.

2 weeks until the updated video cable to fix the upside down sync3 navigation as well.