Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It boots in about 17 seconds. It’s about 3-5 seconds slower than sync maybe?

Thanks for the update as to the Px6 unit.....may just have to go with the newer version. I guess fastboot isn't a real issue?
Thanx

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I pulled the dash back out to fiddle around.

I was actually going to just splice the video cable for the sync 3 and make it Long enough to mount properly until the correct one came in.

It was hot outside.

I left the ignition on. Meddling around unplugging and plugging in the connectors with the ignition on... I caused an issue!

So I have no dash, no door chimes, no hvac. No nothing. I caused something to spike that didn’t like it.

Beware... make sure you do all of your installation and removal with the negative terminal off. I broke my own rule.

So what do you guys think I did? I’m not seeing an obvious fuse blown. I grabbed the diagram for the lock panel and under the hood.

Did I fry the Bodycontrolmodule?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Oof. You might try the pcm reset thing, disconnect the negative batt cable then run an alligator clipped wire from the negative cable to the positive cable. I did it the other day to try and reset my transmission relearn. Not sure if it worked, but it didn't hurt anything.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a lot of fuses and by visual inspection I don’t think so but it’s tough. Unless I pull each and every one... because who knows... but I’m thinking it’ll be a wild goose chase

Blown fuse perhaps?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it’s gonna be a bit before I get it back and going. I gave up and towed the truck to the dealer.

Which what a headache.... I had to throw the stock sync 3 back into the truck with stock radio... because this dealership panics If they see anything Aftermarket and will refuse to work on it. Nothing to do with the warranty... I used that up lonf ago. Lol. I’ll swap it back after they fix what’s busted.

snakebitten

Reaction score
So it’s gonna be a bit before I get it back and going. I gave up and towed the truck to the dealer.

Which what a headache.... I had to throw the stock sync 3 back into the truck with stock radio... because this dealership panics If they see anything Aftermarket and will refuse to work on it. Nothing to do with the warranty... I used that up lonf ago. Lol. I’ll swap it back after they fix what’s busted.
Just so you know, I asked on a F150 forum what would be the first few things to check/consider under your circumstances.

If I get any feedback, I will be happy to let you know. I need your truck fixed! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It worked beautiful before I broke the truck

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m almost sure it’s a fuse or a relay. I don’t feel like trying to track it down.