Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amp

Reaction score
The theme/pictures that you mentioned are all the same, but I was told you can customize the following screens:

Boot screen
City view home screen
White Raptor on one of the screens (couldn't quite understand which )

If you go on Phoenix's website, there's a knowledge base that has a few posts about customizing screens. Haven't done it myself yet, but maybe some others could chime in.

Thanks Amp. Did they make any changes to the UI/theme (e.g. calendar/city pic on homescreen, Raptor pic with gauges bottom half)? Or is the exact same as we have now on the PX3?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My px6 has arrived also.

It’s the same as the PX3 as far as software and appearance. Fit and finish is also the same. The difference is that the processor and Ram handles modern apps without lag and the screen is now responsive. Further, the Bluetooth module is now BT5 and seems to work better as does the microphone.

This is a hardware update. The software updates have corrected the bulk of any major bugs and the OEM sync Navi has a fix now too.

Because of the RAM and processing power as well as android 8.1.. a lot of the quirky app crashes will also no longer happen as they did on the PX3.

Worthy purchase in deed.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My px6 has arrived also.

It’s the same as the PX3 as far as software and appearance. Fit and finish is also the same. The difference is that the processor and Ram handles modern apps without lag and the screen is now responsive. Further, the Bluetooth module is now BT5 and seems to work better as does the microphone.

This is a hardware update. The software updates have corrected the bulk of any major bugs and the OEM sync Navi has a fix now too.

Because of the RAM and processing power as well as android 8.1.. a lot of the quirky app crashes will also no longer happen as they did on the PX3.

Worthy purchase in deed.

Curious how they resolved the SYNC module being upside down. Did the new one come with a longer patch cord? It's been a while since I put mine in, it's all a little fuzzy.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative.

It’s a longer cable but they’re making them now and will ship next week. I had to install it upside down for now. Once the new cable comes in I’ll flip it.

Curious how they resolved the SYNC module being upside down. Did the new one come with a longer patch cord? It's been a while since I put mine in, it's all a little fuzzy.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative.

It’s a longer cable but they’re making them now and will ship next week. I had to install it upside down for now. Once the new cable comes in I’ll flip it.
Guy,
So will they ship to all who have a PX6 enrpute or already delivered? Or, do we have to contact them to get the longer cable?

Thanks,
Robert

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Negative.

So, I take it your SYNC nav does not currently work correctly as it's still inverted?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure.

What I got from them was.... we figured out the OEM nav problem and the 360 camera button.

So with the next update you can press the camera button from any screen and it’ll automatically open the camera. Like when it triggers for putting it in reverse. No more fumbling back to sync 3 to see the camera.

They followed up with, manufacturing longer cables now that will be shipped to California for retrofit. Then they’ll include the cables with the next batch of new units.

Guy,
So will they ship to all who have a PX6 enrpute or already delivered? Or, do we have to contact them to get the longer cable?

Thanks,
Robert

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume it doesn’t work, just as the px3 didn’t because it’s upside down right now.

I didn’t take it for a drive. I just installed it, put my apps on it, and did some basic set up. Looks exactly the same as the px3 model, it’s just a lot faster, smoother, and feels much like a typical android cell phone.

The screen is the same as the px3.

I haven’t tested the sound much from the unit either. Been a super busy day. I’ll try to really fiddle with it over the next day or two and see how it all operates.

So, I take it your SYNC nav does not currently work correctly as it's still inverted?

amp

Reaction score
Guy,

I'd be curious to hear if you have the same issues with the steering wheel music controls, as I'm having. Pressing FWD or BACK doesn't work as intended. Volume UP and DOWN are OK. Mute works in Sync3, but has no effect not while listening to music through the tablet.

The reverse camera works well, and can be accessed even when the tablet is booting up (raptor in the dirt splash screen).

When you press the camera button (next to the hazard button), it will cycle through all the typical views you get with Sync 3. The image is slightly elongated (top to bottom) and possibly magnified a bit, so it doesn't look as clear, but I think it's better since it's an overall larger picture.

The boot time from the raptor in the dirt splash screen to the home screen with the calendar is just under 20 seconds.

Last edited:

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update as to the Px6 unit.....may just have to go with the newer version. I guess fastboot isn't a real issue?
Thanx