Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When using Waze, my screen does not default to night mode at night. I've tried setting the Waze option to night mode, but it ignores my selection. It is stuck in day mode. Anyone know how to get the Waze display to got to night mode?

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When using Waze, my screen does not default to night mode at night. I've tried setting the Waze option to night mode, but it ignores my selection. It is stuck in day mode. Anyone know how to get the Waze display to got to night mode?
Same here...fairly bright at night.

Reaction score
I have read through this thread and the thread that linked to this one, and I am very interested and am going to purchase it. I understand all the quirks people are talking about, but I find myself agreeing that purchasing this unit thinking it is going to be a fully functional iPad or Android tablet is almost silly. I don't have a Raptor, got me a 2016 XLT, not a sync 3, and from the sounds of everything listed, questions, concerns, etc., this unit seems like it will be an overall upgrade to my current system. All I am concerned about is the aesthetics and if I will be able to retain the simple things I have and use on my head unit now. I rarely use the Sirius on the radio as going through the city the signal gets blocked and goes in and out depending on where I am at.

Currently, I just have my phone connected through sync and I stream my music from google play (don't even know what many of these alternative music platforms are), and I stream Sirius to the radio via my phone's app. Everything else just seems like an extra bonus from where I am sitting.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a retrofit to a 8 inch sync 3 unit and everything works as intended. If you have a 18 there's no need for a extra hatness. I didn't even swap out usb and android auto works . Just something to think about. No forscan needed. Just my experience

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a retrofit to a 8 inch sync 3 unit and everything works as intended. If you have a 18 there's no need for a extra hatness. I didn't even swap out usb and android auto works . Just something to think about. No forscan needed. Just my experience

What about nav functionality after 1 1/2 hours?

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about nav functionality after 1 1/2 hours?
IDK about factory nav after 1.5 hours I haven't tried it for that long. Even if it does cut off i assume that Google maps on android auto would still work. Are you saying that my OEM navigation would suck off after 1.5 hours?