Phoenix Android Audio 7.1 INSTALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started a new thread for the DIY INSTALL.

It’s already over.

I pulled the factory sync 3 out of the dash This morning. There are 4 7mm bolts to remove. Two by the speaker and two underneath the top panel once you pop the clips.

The front bezel then pops off. There are six 7mm bolts to remove to pull off the sync 3 screen. Then 3 more screws to remove the brain from the old screen.

That’s as far as I could get. The new Phoenix unit has cutouts on the top for the stock buttons to snap in. Hazards. Camera, hill descent, auto start stop.

Will give a full review when complete.

Last edited:

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer.
In the video, they look like the pop in fine but then the video ends so I wonder if they really would have just popped down if you pushed the buttons....

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sent you his whatsapp on private chat just so others know

really wish i had my truck i pull it back off and we could do video skype but its at builder and on rack no tires so for safety he dont want me in truck right now

i got a usb stick and already loaded all my images on it will change boot screen and that white raptor image to my truck pics i took. which are stock pics but will new ones once build is done

No it’s clear my unit has different cutouts than the video that they posted. It looks like I’m missing a sleeve that would hold the stock buttons.

Perhaps BigJDE will have a way for me to contact them on a Saturday.
v