Pet Divider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I built my own harness that utilitzes the child seat straps. Not only did I want to keep my pup in the back seat when I got out, but I didn't want her to go flying into the windshield if I had to slam the brakes.

I'll take a couple quick pics when time allows, but its little more than a couple feet of plastic coated cable and eyelets from Hope Depot. Total cost was somewhere around $10 and took 10 minutes to make.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Here' ya go.

P1020045.jpg

P1020052.jpg

The lead attached to Betsy slides back and forth on the cable attached to the two child seat straps.

I forgot when I first posted that I had bought carabiners to enable easy removal if needed, so make that cost more like $20. Also the attachment to Bets' collar is a swivel type J hook salvaged off an old leash we no longer used.

Last edited:

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i wish there was a way to have my dog in the bed but feel comfortable and safe that she wont jump out or hang her self trying to jump out... i dont want to cargo strap her down to the bed either lol

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, make your own strap. If you measure correctly, your pup will have just enough lead to look over but not enough to jump out. Its really easy to do...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL thanks claus. Not an original idear by any means ;)

That PupZip is eactly what I was thinkin Dan. Something low that runs between the two tie down points we have back there. Then a lead connected to it via a carabiner or some such just long enough to let them move freely, but not enough to get paws up on the rail.

Hell, if you've got a ratchet strap and an old leash laying around you could make it for free.