Pesky Check Engine Light!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i hit 1000 miles. I followed a cautious approach at first 1000 keeping the rpms low etc

2.5 half weeks ago i had a check engine light notice. I do not have a forscan but due to my work have access to a few diagnostic tools. Ran the code and it was p008a. It is fuel pressure under threshold at low. Truck did not display any random misfires, choking, etc. Cleared it and went on with life (more on that later)

Approximately 600 miles and 2.5 weeks later yesterday it came back on. Ran the code and it is the same p008a code. Truck idles and drives just fine.

From my experience with BMW and Porsches i work on, similar codes require fuel pressure testing at the low side. Depends on the outcome of the protocol this could lead to fuel pressure sensor and/or fuel pump replacement.

I did not clear the code this time; will try to book an appointment with the dealer. Honestly i rather fix it myself because it is a lot of work to take the truck (closest dealer 20 miles) and wait, rent a car etc… However it is new and documentation is important for possible future issues.