Perimeter Plus Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I installed the shock sensor perimeter plus module recently and now after I drive, stop and lock the car. 20 seconds later the alarm goes off. I can unlock and re-lock and the alarm wont go off. Its only after I drive it and park.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Disconnecting the battery uninstalling/reinstalling. Adjusting the level and it all results in the same thing. Ive moved it to a different spot with new zip ties and it did not fix it.

If I unplug either the whole module or just the connector to the sensor the issue goes away. Even when I plug in the shut off jumper it still sets the alarm off.

I verified its the correct part JS7Z-19A361-A.

Any ideas?

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something cooling off causing a shock? (Exhaust?)

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to the degree you are having, but I had trouble with false alarms until I ditched the zip ties and mounted it to a metal bracket. I wasn't going to pay $40 for one so I designed my own and fabbed it. Problems went away.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It won't arm until 20 seconds have passed. Sounds like sensitivity is too high...I had to bring mine down a bit as people driving by were setting it off.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issues and recently turned the sensitivity down to 50%. The issue persists and has been random. It does not matter if I lock with the key fob or on the door handle. Usually happens as I'm walking away from the truck...guessing within 30 seconds after locking the truck.

Does anyone remember the installation instructions...doesn't it take 30-60 seconds to arm the alarm?

Screw "18" 802a w/ JS7Z-19A361-A. I also had a metal bracket made over at Metal Supermarket for like $22 and have used that since day one.

Called my dealer parts department about it...they said I need to take it to service for the troubleshooting.....ugh!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dilmorecg

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something cooling off causing a shock? (Exhaust?)

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

I thought about that but that is weird since no one else has this issue and I zip tied it to the recommended spot. Seems weird its exactly 20 seconds whether its cold or hot.

It won't arm until 20 seconds have passed. Sounds like sensitivity is too high...I had to bring mine down a bit as people driving by were setting it off.

I tried it with the sensitivity all the way down and same issue.

OP
OP
dilmorecg

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issues and recently turned the sensitivity down to 50%. The issue persists and has been random. It does not matter if I lock with the key fob or on the door handle. Usually happens as I'm walking away from the truck...guessing within 30 seconds after locking the truck.

Does anyone remember the installation instructions...doesn't it take 30-60 seconds to arm the alarm?

Screw "18" 802a w/ JS7Z-19A361-A. I also had a metal bracket made over at Metal Supermarket for like $22 and have used that since day one.

Called my dealer parts department about it...they said I need to take it to service for the troubleshooting.....ugh!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think its 20 seconds to arm the alarm. So something is triggering it immediately when it arms the shock sensor. I was hoping someone had gone through it and already took it in for service for troubleshooting and had an answer so I don't have to take it in. Not worth it for the time and cost for me to take it in for this right now. Maybe at the next oil change.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 802A with Perimeter Plus recently installed on the BajaMod bracket. Zero false alarms so far. I'm actually considering whacking the truck with my fist to confirm the shock sensor even works.

bbl

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I installed the shock sensor perimeter plus module recently and now after I drive, stop and lock the car. 20 seconds later the alarm goes off. I can unlock and re-lock and the alarm wont go off. Its only after I drive it and park.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Disconnecting the battery uninstalling/reinstalling. Adjusting the level and it all results in the same thing. Ive moved it to a different spot with new zip ties and it did not fix it.

If I unplug either the whole module or just the connector to the sensor the issue goes away. Even when I plug in the shut off jumper it still sets the alarm off.

I verified its the correct part JS7Z-19A361-A.

Any ideas?

According to Ford, the correct module for a 2019 Raptor is KN1Z-19A361-A so perhaps the JS7Z- module isn't 100% compatible with your 19? I plan to install the KN1Z on my 2019 Raptor in the next couple of days, without the bajamod bracket, so I'll let you know how it goes.

bbl

Reaction score
I installed the shock sensor perimeter plus module recently and now after I drive, stop and lock the car. 20 seconds later the alarm goes off.

[QUOTE="bbl, post: 1383385, member: 29582"I plan to install the KN1Z on my 2019 Raptor in the next couple of days, without the bajamod bracket, so I'll let you know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

I installed the KN1Z module in my 2019 802A SCAB yesterday. I zip-tied the module to the empty metal bracket behind the parking brake control. Module paired with system on first attempt, left sensitivity at stock setting and it works as expected without any false alarms.

The install is so simple, that I think that either the JS7Z isn't 100% compatible with the 2019 802A or you got a bad module.