Perhaps the last of the MY22’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well, I’m finally posting. Currently own a ‘17 Gen 2. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Long time follower, but never really posted anything. You guys are awesome! Helped me through the cam phaser issue (which I suspect will have to be done a second time now after 18 months, the rattle is back).

I know I got lucky. Ordered a ‘22 37 PP 4/12 at a small town dealer who couldn’t confirm an allocation. Made me order it online through ford’s online ordering system, but a confirmation email from Ford followed the next day. Got the “update email - we’ll check in every 45 days” on 7/1, but surprisingly got the VIN # and production date email on 7/21. Currently in production this week with a blend date of 10/02. Crazy things happen. Sounds like MY23 goes into production the following week (10/11). Kinda surreal to get one of the last 22’s, even though I fully anticipate having to potentially wait until 2023 to actually take delivery.

Lots of great information to be found in here! For those waiting, keep the faith…you never know when they’ll pull your build.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘22 was ordered August 8, and is now just in production; I unfortunately didn’t custom order it myself, but a local dealer is getting it in, it wasn’t pre-sold, and they are selling it to me at msrp. Too good to be true? I can only track via the ford website with vin/order number.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I’m finally posting. Currently own a ‘17 Gen 2. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Long time follower, but never really posted anything. You guys are awesome! Helped me through the cam phaser issue (which I suspect will have to be done a second time now after 18 months, the rattle is back).

I know I got lucky. Ordered a ‘22 37 PP 4/12 at a small town dealer who couldn’t confirm an allocation. Made me order it online through ford’s online ordering system, but a confirmation email from Ford followed the next day. Got the “update email - we’ll check in every 45 days” on 7/1, but surprisingly got the VIN # and production date email on 7/21. Currently in production this week with a blend date of 10/02. Crazy things happen. Sounds like MY23 goes into production the following week (10/11). Kinda surreal to get one of the last 22’s, even though I fully anticipate having to potentially wait until 2023 to actually take delivery.

Lots of great information to be found in here! For those waiting, keep the faith…you never know when they’ll pull your build.
how many miles on the 17?

OP
OP
Magnetic Personality
Reaction score
Just at 85,000. It is my daily, mainly highway miles. It’s fully loaded, the only option missing is heated rear seats. No accidents. Ceramic tinted front windows, spray-in bedliner with bed extender from factory, otherwise stock as the day she was born.

Magnetic with black interior. Just put a full set of new KO2’s on it last fall. Let me know if you’re interested.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the MY22 that I reserved at my dealership went into production on 10/2, on a Sunday no less, and now is showing built on 10/3. One day later? I don't know if I should feel happy or concerned... It is a base 800a truck with no added options, not my ideal truck, but one at MSRP none the less.

oafy44

Reaction score
So the MY22 that I reserved at my dealership went into production on 10/2, on a Sunday no less, and now is showing built on 10/3. One day later? I don't know if I should feel happy or concerned... It is a base 800a truck with no added options, not my ideal truck, but one at MSRP none the less.
That’s pretty standard ….well at least pre Covid. If they have all the parts and chips they can build a truck in a couple days depending on what you ordered.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a base 800a truck with no added options, not my ideal truck, but one at MSRP none the less.
Then why not order it the way you wanted it. Please don’t say the wait...everybody’s waiting. It is what it is. Nonetheless, quick turnaround on the build and you’ll have it soon. Enjoy the beast!

OP
OP
Magnetic Personality
Reaction score
Update….My Blend was also 10/02, has been “in production” since 9/26, and now the update tracker is giving me a date of 10/05 for start of production. Still not built. Probably the difference between ordering a base 800a truck and a pretty loaded out 37pp. Guess the wait continues, not that I care. Honestly; the only gripe I have is the potential for the truck to be sitting in a lot in Dearborn with the rear differential rusting away all winter while awaiting some dumb chips. Good luck on a quick delivery!!