Performance Tune with Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
The point is Steve, it gives them a super easy way to just void your warranty. Then u have to take them to court. Massive uphill battle that will be very expensive to fight

this is exactly why Whipple and Roush have a Warranty with their tunes. They KNOW the tune will void your warranty. And the thing is, both these companies worked very close with Ford when developing their kits. If Ford will void you warranty for a tune from a company they worked with, what do u think the chances are they won’t void it for some other company’s tune?

now if you have a dealer near you that will let u slide, great - more power to you. But what if that guy quits? Is there a guarantee the next service manager will honor your off the record agreement?

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
I asked a couple of my dealers around here and every service manager told me no way. If I brought it in with a tune then it would be no go on the warranty. I know they are suppose to prove it was related but I would not want to take on that battle. I know I would loose.

exactly

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have all thos add ons and are now worried about warranty? Those parts are visible and are sure to get the attention of a warranty problem. I have no bolt ons.... mainley because they do nothing , i have a tune beacause it does a lot and can be removed in 10 mins.

My truck has been to the Ford Dealer for service and no issue. None of those will cause the truck to exceed factory parameters. I have always had intake and exhaust and never had an issue. My 2008 F350 had a banks program in it and they suggested I take it off and bring it back. They did the warranty work with no problem.

Also same with my 2013 GT500. And it have throttle body, upgraded fuel rails, pulley and a steeda and they did the work without an issue.

They must prove what you did caused the issue. I have never had an issue and I have had trucks riding on 38’s with intake, exhaust, extensive suspension work and still no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked a couple of my dealers around here and every service manager told me no way. If I brought it in with a tune then it would be no go on the warranty. I know they are suppose to prove it was related but I would not want to take on that battle. I know I would loose.

From what I have been told a tune leave tracks and they can tell if the truck has operated outside factory parameters even if the tune is removed. The reason they won’t cover it in those cases is because you reprogrammed the truck and made it operate outside its factory set safety parameters.

When you don’t reflash the computer and using something after the ECU there is a much greater chance of having no issues. I realize you don’t get all the options, as I have had used tuners for cars, jeeps, and trucks, but running less risk of having an issue too.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From what I have been told a tune leave tracks and they can tell if the truck has operated outside factory parameters even if the tune is removed. The reason they won’t cover it in those cases is because you reprogrammed the truck and made it operate outside its factory set safety parameters.

When you don’t reflash the computer and using something after the ECU there is a much greater chance of having no issues. I realize you don’t get all the options, as I have had used tuners for cars, jeeps, and trucks, but running less risk of having an issue too.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has been to the Ford Dealer for service and no issue. None of those will cause the truck to exceed factory parameters. I have always had intake and exhaust and never had an issue. My 2008 F350 had a banks program in it and they suggested I take it off and bring it back. They did the warranty work with no problem.

Also same with my 2013 GT500. And it have throttle body, upgraded fuel rails, pulley and a steeda and they did the work without an issue.

They must prove what you did caused the issue. I have never had an issue and I have had trucks riding on 38’s with intake, exhaust, extensive suspension work and still no issues.

Exactly, same as a tune , they in theory have to prove a tune caused the problem. The can tell a eco has been flashed , they can see a tune once removed. But if you come in with a problem and they see cai , exhaust , IC etc they will be all excited right off the bat. Come in stock looking , no tune to see and the chances of them looking are less. That’s all I’m saying. Do what you want. As will I.