Performance package re done - no more blue interior!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your dealer. I have a great one however I haven't (regrettably) owned a Porsche since 2019 because I have a 4 year old and one in production along with no time to enjoy it. I ordered a 718 GT4 and wouldn't have paid ADM on it if I would have purchased it.

If I ordered a GT3RS when they are available to order, I'm sure I would have it before another Raptor if I ordered both on the same day. 2-3 years would be a no go for me.
That's exciting to hear, I would probably want a 718 GT4 before a GT3RS. Neither is in the sights for another 5 years though. Same situation with a young family, so I wonder if an M4 convertible or something like that is a better choice (for all to ride in together while the kids are young)

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exciting to hear, I would probably want a 718 GT4 before a GT3RS. Neither is in the sights for another 5 years though. Same situation with a young family, so I wonder if an M4 convertible or something like that is a better choice (for all to ride in together while the kids are young)

No to BMW. a 911S, 4S or GTS will be better suited for than a GT3 or GT3RS. I only wanted the GT4 as mostly a track car and an occasional mountain run toy. I would rather have a 911 than any other car regardless of price or trim.

I only sold my 911 because I had CF bucket seats and no rear seat. I will say that my GT350R came close to the driving experience of my 991.2 more so than a C7 GS or C7 Z06.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome. So judging from the comments mall crawler was successful! The pimp my ride comments are my favorite.
This shows how skilled our team is to be honest. All of our Porsche stuff is over the top and the fact they were able to switch gears and “pimp” a ride successfully really shows how talented they really are. So incredibly proud of them.

Wait till you see what they do with my GT3. It’s going to be really nice, trendy, and unique. Going full retro with that one.

Thank you to all who contributed here. Love you guys! Helps to have a cool group of dudes to bust balls with and take away from the every day grind of BS that business owners have to deal with. Appreciate each and every one of you.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No to BMW. a 911S, 4S or GTS will be better suited for than a GT3 or GT3RS. I only wanted the GT4 as mostly a track car and an occasional mountain run toy. I would rather have a 911 than any other car regardless of price or trim.

I only sold my 911 because I had CF bucket seats and no rear seat. I will say that my GT350R came close to the driving experience of my 991.2 more so than a C7 GS or C7 Z06.
I agree. BMW has horrible value retention and build quality is sub par to porsche.

I’m looking to snag a taycan wagon for family activities. And just to all around daily drive. I’d recommend that or a panamera sport tourism.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you they are great! I’ve been a Mille fan for a while but have you heard the new C7 lineup? I’ve got them in a couple of my other cars. Best speakers out IMO. The utopia M’s are also pretty amazing but too harsh on the highs even when you turn them down on the DSP (just my opinion)
I would love to get a full system in my gen1. Really don’t know where to start or who to trust.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. BMW has horrible value retention and build quality is sub par to porsche.

I’m looking to snag a taycan wagon for family activities. And just to all around daily drive. I’d recommend that or a panamera sport tourism.
Pardon me for continuing to hijack this thread with unrelated questions, but while we're on the topic of BMWs, one last question from me please.

Currently have a 2017 Q7 as the family wagon/wife's daily driver, and looking to replace it in the fall of 2023. Probably with the X7 or GLS (loaded but non-M/AMG versions). Do your comments on BMW build quality/value retention apply to SUVs as well? As compared to Mercedes. Any other 7 seater options you might suggest vs the BMW/Merc? Probably prefer European, not into Cadillacs and such.

Thanks for your thoughts.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon me for continuing to hijack this thread with unrelated questions, but while we're on the topic of BMWs, one last question from me please.

Currently have a 2017 Q7 as the family wagon/wife's daily driver, and looking to replace it in the fall of 2023. Probably with the X7 or GLS (loaded but non-M/AMG versions). Do your comments on BMW build quality/value retention apply to SUVs as well? As compared to Mercedes. Any other 7 seater options you might suggest vs the BMW/Merc? Probably prefer European, not into Cadillacs and such.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Don’t get me wrong. BMW is fantastic! X7 is great. Just not porsche lol. If i had to go BMW it would be x7 over the Benz. But for me that’s a looks thing. Ding you guys think the Benz and BMW are on par with each other?

My wife is a huge Audi fan. I would love to get our hands on a rsq8.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong. BMW is fantastic! X7 is great. Just not porsche lol. If i had to go BMW it would be x7 over the Benz. But for me that’s a looks thing. Ding you guys think the Benz and BMW are on par with each other?

My wife is a huge Audi fan. I would love to get our hands on a rsq8.
Thanks for your thoughts. I think the X7 looks better too (than the GLS). Sharper/more aggressive.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had great results with JL Audio VX series amps, never a hiccup. And the delay you can program in the DSP makes it sound incredible and full sounding.

Speakers the W7 lineup is great from JL for subs. And I think the C7 is the best budget speaker on the market (just my opinion)

That’s pretty much my go to setup. You can DIY (I don’t) or pay a local trusted shop. For really really nice non audiophile grade stuff I’d budget around 9k all in (usually what I spend) Closer to 20k if you want to go with best money can buy

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice truck Sir. However, I agree with you that there are too many Olsen logos. Not as bad as my Shelby F150 though! It has 17 Shelby logos on the exterior alone. I called and asked Shelby, "why so many?". Their reply: "The Shelby name carries a lot of weight". Hmmm, that can be interpreted in a couple of ways... :)