performance check. testing... 1, 2, 7.23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my new / old truck just clicked over 130k miles. Bone stock. Just chucked the previous owners CAI for a factory airbus. My new stereo unit interfaces with the OBD port, and has some cool performance functions.

Sol I found a pretty straight, pretty level piece of ground and floored it from a standstill. The thing is pretty unimpressive on brake stands...

Anyway 0-60 comes up in 7.2, 1/4 mile in 15.79. Both seem to kinda suck in comparison to what all the cool kids here are pulling off. "Oh well" I thought, old truck, old motor. At least it's not burning oil.

Then I remembered, I'm sitting at 3200 feet, with 30% humidity at 90 degrees. That corrects to a very respectable 15 second 1/4 mile time. Very respectable.

So let's all call that a win and a testament to the durability and overall goodness of the 6.2 motor.

:)

Last edited:

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken, without a tune it is rev limited from factory and won’t do a brake stand/burnout. It also has a governor that cuts out at 105ish MPH.

I have a 2014 and I could only get the right rear tire to break loose, and I was limited to 2k-ish RPMs.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a 6500~ lb truck, even if you double the power; the power, to weight ratio is not that good. So nope, not a zero to 60 monster. Get it in the dirt and you will understand the performance value, or if you have an aversion to that, take it down a potholed city highway.

You can try your brake stand again with tcs switched to full off, but they don't like to do it. The ABS/TCS gets upset about it.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the 6.2 came out in the Raptor it was one of the highest horsepower trucks made and 0-60 in 7 seconds was impressive. In the last 10 years all cars are considerably faster and can run 0-60 in six seconds or less. I bought my Raptor for its offroad prowess and durability. If you're into going fast on the street get a car because they can do 120mph + without blowing up tires.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you tried just punching it from a stand still instead of trying to power brake, I believe you'll do a little better 0-60.
And without a Tune the throttle body will not open up to 100% until 2,500 rpms.
That's Ford's little way of eliminating wheel hop.