Performance Blue with Painted Bumpers & Fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with you on that. I think it looks good PTM on bright colors like Silver or White, and darker colors like Magnetic and Black. Blue's and Red just look weird in my opinion
Id have to disagree on the red looking weird.. but to each their own. I think some colors class it up a bit. Such as the metallics. The Flats id probably leave black, reminds me too much of bushwacker flares.
93906FB7-A43F-42F8-A272-1DEF926704FE.jpeg

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id have to disagree on the red looking weird.. but to each their own. I think some colors class it up a bit. Such as the metallics. The Flats id probably leave black, reminds me too much of bushwacker flares.
View attachment 130548

I think with a lot of the colors all the black trim makes the truck too busy and cheapens the look. I agree with you that the Painted fenders helps it look more polished.

I did see this Gen 2 on IG though that did a good job of using the Gray bumpers and fenders and make it look 2-tone and considered this another option.

View media item 14451

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think with a lot of the colors all the black trim makes the truck too busy and cheapens the look. I agree with you that the Painted fenders helps it look more polished.

I did see this Gen 2 on IG though that did a good job of using the Gray bumpers and fenders and make it look 2-tone and considered this another option.

The official color of the Raptor trim pieces on a Gen 2 is Flat Magnetic, not black. I went with Magnetic for my Gen 2, so I would NOT have to color match them like I did on my Tuxedo Black Gen 1. As others have said, with all of the trim pieces in a different color, the truck looks a little busy when they are not color matched.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The official color of the trim pieces on a Gen 2 is Flat Magnetic, not black. I went with Magnetic for my Gen 2, so I would NOT have to color match them like I did on my Tuxedo Black Gen 1. As others have said, with all of the trim pieces in a different color, the truck looks a little busy when they are not color matched.

Yea the magnetic off the lot is cleanest look IMHO
Everything matched, down to the grey on the wheels.

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The official color of the Raptor trim pieces on a Gen 2 is Flat Magnetic, not black. I went with Magnetic for my Gen 2, so I would NOT have to color match them like I did on my Tuxedo Black Gen 1. As others have said, with all of the trim pieces in a different color, the truck looks a little busy when they are not color matched.

I agree with TXRaptor on the Magnetic color. I recently put on a middle hood graphic thats also Magnetic and if you couldn't see the satin finish on it you'd never know it was there and it allows for a more subdued look for later mods if the subdued look is what your into.
But as far as the color/fender/trim choices go its kinda like tire or rim types; Whatever floats your boat, its your truck.
"Gimme a T for Texas"

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I meant Gray, for some reason I typed black first and then typed gray in the next sentence. :cheers:

I like color matched trim as it just makes things look cleaner IMO I even did this on my old FJ.

4932376099_8240bb3d79_c.jpg

4932376099_8240bb3d79_c.jpg

The Silver Gen 2 I post though made the gray trim look good by adding the stripe along the door that matches.