Performance Add ons for a 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avanzino

Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 Raptor, and am wondering what are the best add ons? Should I look for a new fuel computer, intercooler, exhaust, or airflow? Whats best for the money?

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD turbo adapters. Lots of information on this forum but basically it opens up the exhaust on the turbos making them more efficient. Not sure of the exact power gains but they’re there. I also noticed a slightly deeper tone to the engine under load as well and a few days after I had mine installed a buddy commented my truck sounded different (better) as well. Low cost and great bang for the buck but kind of a pain to install.

The SPD Adapters were also recommended by the lead instructor at the Raptor Assault program when someone asked the exact same thing during the Q&A session of the class I attended. The instructor, who owns a Gen2 and an off-road performance shop in Salt Lake City, said the adapters were the only engine mod he had done to his truck thus far and likely the only. Maybe a tune but that’d be it.

Focus on some basic suspension upgrades - Deavers and perch collars are a great start there.

Last edited:

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure we’re you’re located but if within driving distance of Dallas call Texas Motorworx (214-785-6568) and talk with Jason Cook, the owner.

Tons of knowledge and experience working on these trucks. Check them out on Facebook or Instagram, they do some good work.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, that’s it on the adapters. I can’t speak to the tuner since I don’t have it on my truck but 100% on the adapters.

On the install kit, I had heard of a lot of guys needing to use a torch to loosen the OE hardware so I opted to have a shop install them for me. A lot of guys have done it themselves on this forum and that’s the correct kit.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, you don’t need a tune to run the adapters. The adapters on their own won’t cause any CEL problems with the OE tune.