Perfect Antenna Length?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elite_KG

Reaction score
Cut mine to a smooth 24". Just eyeballed it amd rounded to 24". Good to know Im just over 1" from the roof line. I wanted it just above the roof line.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut mine to a smooth 24". Just eyeballed it amd rounded to 24". Good to know Im just over 1" from the roof line. I wanted it just above the roof line.

So what to do? I cut mine to 26", so I will get false alarms with a 4" safety net, but I don't think I could stomach anything too much closer. I should be good in all garages 6'10" and higher without hitting the antenna. I do not want to repeat what happened to a brother-in-law with his F-150 and a friend's wife who destroyed the top of her H2 Hummer.

MGA

Reaction score
Wow, strong response on this 4th of July morning, I like the idea of taking the ball off, cutting the Antenna down and putting the ball back on. Can always try replacement route if that does not work. Getting ready to take the beast for a day on the beach and will do this upon my return. Thanks to all!

Hamma Time

Reaction score
So a good thing about keeping the factory antenna is you can use it as a gauge for clearance...I just let it hit but it tells me I’m getting close to the limit of scraping