Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I screwed up and used the box end of a ratcheting wrench and now it's stuck in the the coil. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Pic2c64be9dd676321ee88ea37626c5e0ed.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Way late, but maybe it'll help someone else....

Pry the upper clamping jaw around with a crowbar or whatever else you can get to wedge in there and pretty with. The spring will give--it is a spring after all. Could even make a wedge out of wood and hammer it in there

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jakewomack800

Reaction score
Way late, but maybe it'll help someone else....

Pry the upper clamping jaw around with a crowbar or whatever else you can get to wedge in there and pretty with. The spring will give--it is a spring after all. Could even make a wedge out of wood and hammer it in there

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I did that on my old truck. had to grind of bolt head and use the lower threads to pull it through the bottom. Another thing is try using rachet straps with the wheel off the ground and secure the rachet strap/ come-along to somehwere ontop near the engine area and compress/ lift that section of the spring.. Sorry hope you have already gotten it out

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that on my old truck. had to grind of bolt head and use the lower threads to pull it through the bottom. Another thing is try using rachet straps with the wheel off the ground and secure the rachet strap/ come-along to somehwere ontop near the engine area and compress/ lift that section of the spring.. Sorry hope you have already gotten it out
Yes I got mine out 6 months ago. Lol. I used more ratchet straps and re compressed the springs and switched the wrench around.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Geiser springs to mid-perch height? I'm trying to determine if I can use a couple spring compressors from AutoZone or if I should start looking for a shop with a larger spring compressor.

I'm planning to do the install myself and have a brand new pair of front OEM shocks and hardware that I'm putting them on. Hoping it will be a quick swap of the old with the new set.

Last edited:

Farmboy876

Reaction score
I just moved mine to mid perch, it was easier to just pull the shock out and compress the coil on the ground, one set screw was seized so I drilled it out, the other loosened fine. Overall wasn’t too bad

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my new shocks set to "Mid" perch when being installed. The tech installing said the shocks only have 2 settings now about 1-1.5" apart. Has anyone heard of the new shocks only having 2 settings? I ordered OEM replacements from Rock Auto.

StevenStarke

Reaction score
Can I fit a 37x12.5x20 tire on a 20x12 -12 wheel on stock front suspension? or do I need to level the front? I see lots of questions about 37's on stock wheels but I'd like to put 20x12's with a -12 offset. If I need to level the front, trying to decide between mid perch vs spring

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Can I fit a 37x12.5x20 tire on a 20x12 -12 wheel on stock front suspension? or do I need to level the front? I see lots of questions about 37's on stock wheels but I'd like to put 20x12's with a -12 offset. If I need to level the front, trying to decide between mid perch vs spring
I don’t think it will fit. It’s tough with stock offset wheels on mid perch. You’d have to go high perch and hammer in the pinch welds in the fender.

Also keep in mind you’re offset is gonna make the truck as wide as a lane and up north they don’t get any bigger lol

37’s and 0 offset seems to be the ideal setup