Perch Collars vs. Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carter176

Reaction score
I am new to Raptors and picked up an 18 crew cab. I am coming from 4 diesel trucks so also new to IFS considering all of them were solid front axles. I am looking for some input, why do 95% of raptor owners use a perch collar over a set of springs? I would like somewhere between a 2-2.5 in the front but looking for answers as to what direction I should go. Eibach has 2.5 in springs for the Gen 2 Raptors and are same price as perch collars. Thanks for helping.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am new to Raptors and picked up an 18 crew cab. I am coming from 4 diesel trucks so also new to IFS considering all of them were solid front axles. I am looking for some input, why do 95% of raptor owners use a perch collar over a set of springs? I would like somewhere between a 2-2.5 in the front but looking for answers as to what direction I should go. Eibach has 2.5 in springs for the Gen 2 Raptors and are same price as perch collars. Thanks for helping.

There is only one choice now that they are available...Geiser progressive springs
Both the perch collars and the Eibach's are a stiffer ride.
If you dont care about the ride quality, there are some good deals on collars for sale in the garage sale section (im sure from new geiser owners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
C

Carter176

Reaction score
There is only one choice now that they are available...Geiser progressive springs
Both the perch collars and the Eibach's are a stiffer ride.
If you dont care about the ride quality, there are some good deals on collars for sale in the garage sale section (im sure from new geiser owners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for input!
I looked up those bad boys, $$$ but I also understand you get what you pay for. How much worse is the ride with perch collars? Is the stiffness something that drives you crazy? They must be the ticket, both generation raptor owners have them.

bigzaj

Reaction score
Perch collars, depending on height, stiffen the front suspension yes ... but I wouldn't say it makes the ride harsh. I have mine at 1" and the ride is better, the nose is not as bouncy as it was at factory height.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perch collars, depending on height, stiffen the front suspension yes ... but I wouldn't say it makes the ride harsh. I have mine at 1" and the ride is better, the nose is not as bouncy as it was at factory height.

which collars do you have? I want to only go 1" too

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iam in the same boat. I just got in my RPG stage 3 kit for rear including +3 deavers that I got on the awesome group buy that Freedom Motorsports did. I got the RPG 1.5 collars but now started reading up on the springs. They are about another $250 over the collars but having already spent a ton on the stage 3 iam thinking about getting the springs instead. Someone talk me into it before I install all this.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iam in the same boat. I just got in my RPG stage 3 kit for rear including +3 deavers that I got on the awesome group buy that Freedom Motorsports did. I got the RPG 1.5 collars but now started reading up on the springs. They are about another $250 over the collars but having already spent a ton on the stage 3 iam thinking about getting the springs instead. Someone talk me into it before I install all this.

I am in the same boat. I have Icon collars sitting in my garage. Haven't installed them yet because I am thinking about going the Geiser Bros. route.

FORDONLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this spring will just replace the stock spring and add 2 inches of height making the ride level? I am in the same boat about the icon collars or springs ....may just do springs at this point !