Perch Collar and 37 tires Measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorChad

Reaction score
347ADDD2-7997-4B0A-93F3-9206C659077A.jpeg 7694AED5-C65E-45A2-B340-74B16B6EB0BE.jpeg 1B37D463-64CD-4A9D-9CDC-D14DBA71B23E.jpeg View attachment 122916 I recently decided to upgrade my 2017 Gen2 802A with stock aluminum rims
2.25 RPG collars
37/12.5R17 General Grabber ATX
Icon Multirate Leafs

Raptor stock fender to ground
40.75 rear
39.625 front

Raptor RPG 2.25 perch
40.75r
41.5f

Raptor 37 and 2.25f perch
42.125r
42.375f

Raptor 37s, 2.25f perch, Icon Option 2 leafs
Measurements and photos to come after install. Leafs on backorder.

Minor Cali lean by measurements, not on a 6’ level. I have 80lb aluminum bed cover and have towed or hauled up to 2800lb weight in bed or tongue. Stock leafs sag surely.

I will add measurements once Icon Leafs in the Option 2 replace a leaf setting are added.

I have zero rub from 37s. I think many people add 37s but fail to mention the width or if offset.
Also would like to note that I believe fender to
Ground is not a level measurement. A level on bed rails still shows I have about 1/2” rake front lower.

Last edited:

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great! I have OEM beadlocks on my 2017, are you saying throwing 37s with oem rims wont give you any rub with a 2.25 upgrade?

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? It looks like the rear is lower than the front. Why would you want that?

OP
OP
RaptorChad

RaptorChad

Reaction score
looks great! I have OEM beadlocks on my 2017, are you saying throwing 37s with oem rims wont give you any rub with a 2.25 upgrade?
Yes 2.25 RPG will allow clearance for 37x12.50 but not wider. I haven’t bottomed our suspension but all turning and a few tests on a rip rap field of granite had no rubs.

OP
OP
RaptorChad

RaptorChad

Reaction score
Why? It looks like the rear is lower than the front. Why would you want that?
You clearly didn’t read notes. Have an Icon multirate leaf package that adds 2” to the rear on order still. I edited post now to make that clearer. I want a 1” nose down take at the end and about a 3-4” overall lift when done. Also the perspective of camera angle makes it look nose up in one from front corner but nose down from one from rear corner. Also the measurements show 1/2” nose up for fenders but a level on the bed shows nose down 1/2”. I also checked the level on the ground to make sure it was level when parked front to back.

Last edited:

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You clearly didn’t read notes. Have an Icon multirate leaf package that adds 2” to the rear on order still. I edited post now to make that clearer. I want a 1” nose down take at the end and about a 3-4” overall lift when done. Also the perspective of camera angle makes it look nose up in one from front corner but nose down from one from rear corner. Also the measurements show 1/2” nose up for fenders but a level on the bed shows nose down 1/2”. I also checked the level on the ground to make sure it was level when parked front to back.

Not sure what he’s looking at....

raptor ghost

Reaction score
thoughts on larger rims or fact beadslock comp rims in the near future? couldnt tell they were 37s until i did a double take. imo the shine of satin alum detracts from the great tires

OP
OP
RaptorChad

RaptorChad

Reaction score
thoughts on larger rims or fact beadslock comp rims in the near future? couldnt tell they were 37s until i did a double take. imo the shine of satin alum detracts from the great tires

I can’t speak for larger. I’m a fan of more rubber for off-road but try to reduce rotational weight where I can. Tire choice and rim choice should be about rotational weight and performance not look. I’m happy with these stock rims on performance but yes beadlocks would be better. For 70% highway miles, I’m content with these aluminum rims and the tires as far as fuel economy and performance for now. I don’t ride Baja but rather extreme fire roads in the Appalachians to mountain bike. These tires and truck crawl pretty well for its length and it can handle a ton of mud.
IMO, I hate the intercooler location. I’ve had to clean it out trailside several times to stay out of limp mode. Horrible engineered design. Low, above skid plate, and right behind a bumper vent. Asking for trouble if you have clay based mud.