Percentage of raptor owners that actually really use their trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdistheword

Reaction score
I bought the truck for my wife to drive to and from work, it's large, safe, and comfortable to drive, with the added perk of other drivers see you coming and steer clear. That said we do use it to do yard work, haul stuff to the dump, haul scuba gear, etc.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering how many are like me... always a little more worried bout this truck compared to others since it is “the holy grail” of performance trucks. Never worried about any other truck I’ve owned; just drove em everywhere I usually go, which where I live is off road every day (I live several miles off pavement). I tow a boat, jet skis, cataraft, trailer, and UTV with it and sometimes go hundreds of miles off road in a day... But, I’m more careful with the Raptor just cuz it’s the pinnacle truck and wasn’t cheap. Embarrassed to say I baby it more than I should.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just a guess based on how FRF used to be here.

GEN1 probably 15% and mods to help go faster off-road

GEN2 probably 5-7% (half) that considering they made more so % would be lower. And mods mainly for cosmetic purposes.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what? 99% of new Honda Accord owners can't or won't use more than 50% of the cars acceleration, top speed, or handling ability. Cars are so capable nowadays, most drivers won't come close to exploiting their potential. Same with the Ford Raptor. It's a cool truck and many people buy it just because it's cool, not because they are going to use all of it's ability.

Just like all your iPhones. We only use 50% of what the phone is capable of.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering how many are like me... always a little more worried bout this truck compared to others since it is “the holy grail” of performance trucks. Never worried about any other truck I’ve owned; just drove em everywhere I usually go, which where I live is off road every day (I live several miles off pavement). I tow a boat, jet skis, cataraft, trailer, and UTV with it and sometimes go hundreds of miles off road in a day... But, I’m more careful with the Raptor just cuz it’s the pinnacle truck and wasn’t cheap. Embarrassed to say I baby it more than I should.

That’s nothing to be embarrassed about. I’d call it pride of ownership.