Peragon Retractable Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been patiently shopping for a Tonneau cover and found my way to Peragon. I like that it's made in the USA, super low profile, is rail configurable, and is respectably priced compared to Truxedo/Bak.

Specifically wondering if the additional $29 is worth it for the tail gate seal or the $59 optional quick clamps.

https://www.peragon.com/shop/covers/Ford/Raptor/2020/F4-QC

TWIIGG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been patiently shopping for a Tonneau cover and found my way to Peragon. I like that it's made in the USA, super low profile, is rail configurable, and is respectably priced compared to Truxedo/Bak.

Specifically wondering if the additional $29 is worth it for the tail gate seal or the $59 optional quick clamps.

https://www.peragon.com/shop/covers/Ford/Raptor/2020/F4-QC

I’ve had mine over 3 years with no problems... excellent tonneau IMO. Bought it for my 2018 Raptor and used it on that one for almost 2 years, then removed it and installed it on my 2020 Raptor in December of last year. Quick clamps are a good idea, but I’d just buy the tailgate seal wherever you find it cheapest. I got mine from Amazon, I’m pretty sure. Also, Peragon will give you a $29 discount if you are a member of certain F150 forums... not sure if this forum is one of those included or not.

faultball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered, got the coupon code for $100 off from some guy on youtube that had an install video done on the Peragon. Just liked the fact that they are U.S. made and folds up super small against the bed when retracted.

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had mine over 3 years with no problems... excellent tonneau IMO. Bought it for my 2018 Raptor and used it on that one for almost 2 years, then removed it and installed it on my 2020 Raptor in December of last year. Quick clamps are a good idea, but I’d just buy the tailgate seal wherever you find it cheapest. I got mine from Amazon, I’m pretty sure. Also, Peragon will give you a $29 discount if you are a member of certain F150 forums... not sure if this forum is one of those included or not.

Good looking out, do you have a link to the seal? Does it work as advertised? We get a lot of rain out in NC and although I don't carry a ton of stuff in the bed all the time, it'd be nice peace of mind to not have water seeping through.

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered, got the coupon code for $100 off from some guy on youtube that had an install video done on the Peragon. Just liked the fact that they are U.S. made and folds up super small against the bed when retracted.
Awesome thanks, looking for that now

TWIIGG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking out, do you have a link to the seal? Does it work as advertised? We get a lot of rain out in NC and although I don't carry a ton of stuff in the bed all the time, it'd be nice peace of mind to not have water seeping through.

This is what I put on my truck- ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal 10ft for use with Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPQWXZQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20. Word of caution... basically no tonneau is waterproof unless it is a one piece over-the-rail... even their website advises that the Peragon will let some water in. I have a BedRug with my gear in a plastic toughbox to keep things dry.

Reaction score
I have a Peragon and have been satisfied so far. It keeps normal rain water out, but if I go thru the drive thru car wash I do see some water get into the bed. You do lose a bit of bed space on an already short bed though even with it fully open. The rails on the side also overlap into the truck, so you lose a nominal bit of width as well.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you Open the cover if your bed is full to the rim? When I go camping I usually keep my bed full of gear to the rim.

slowyellow

Reaction score
I’d imagine that you’d have to empty it army crawl style and then open it. Probably not what you want to hear, but that’s all that I can figure out. I’ve been eyeballing them for some time now. Owners, do you regret anything at all with the purchase?