People buying at MSRP=BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went shopping in November of 2012. First stop was my local dealer, (Storms Ford, Southampton, NY), where I sat down and priced out the truck I wanted, (I had the print out from online). I told them that I was shopping and they were my first stop; and that they didn't need to be the lowest price, just within $500 of the best price.
Over the next 3 weeks I visited every Ford dealer in Suffolk county, as well as several in Nassau county.
I returned to Storms in mid December and sat down, list of prices in my back pocket, two at MSRP, one above and the rest BELOW. Pricing my truck online was $52,645. I talked with the same salesman, and his price came in $500+ below the best price elsewhere...$48,145. (NOT including taxes). I shook hands, wrote them a check and at the end of Feb, 2013 the truck arrived. I picked it up 3 weeks later..I didn't want all of the salt on the road from the recent snow storms to get up into my truck before I could get it to Ziebart). (Of course a week or so after I ordered my truck they came out with the SE...Ruby red and beadlocks I would have ordered). I never had to pull out the list of prices/dealerships/salesmen I had generated.
So to answer you, yes you can get below MSRP. It takes some work on your part. It's your money!
As others have noted you need to lose the attitude. If you act like an ******* you will be treated like one....

Eddie