Peeling paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
your service manager should be ashamed. I’m glad you got this squared away though.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Small world. I was all set to buy from Mcree Ford, but I made myself go to the Ram dealership (Ron Carter) next door first to at least look at some Rams before I pulled the trigger. And as luck would have it, they had a 2017 SCREW w/1700 miles in the used lot with all the features I was looking for.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
UPDATE: Ford is going to pay to get it fixed.

This all started back in May. The first claimed was denied but I was never notified. I called up asking about it and that's when I was informed. I was also told that the photos of the problem were never sent to Ford. So how did they determine impact damage without seeing the photos? A second shop manager provided the second estimate of the damage. This time he emailed me and my service rep a copy, but when I spoke with Ford claims they never received the estimate. I forwarded Ford the copy and the very next day I got notice they would pay. $400.00 is what the repair will cost.
Don't be surprised that the bill will go over $400 once the get the paint ground off. The problem is much deeper than the paint on top.

OP
OP
H

houtex1

Reaction score
Truck is back. Looks good as new. Ford covered the cost at the estimated price. Paint guy said it might have missed a step in the "adhesion promoter". Either way I'm happy and back on the road.

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like but I also have all those parts wrapped in XPel paint protection film. it's not hard to imagine that rocks etc nailing it. In the past, I've had cars with out any protection up front and after a couple years I definitely see paint imperfections like that which require a respray. Any kind of clear bra like XPel is a good add-on to prevent stuff like this. I have it on all my cars now.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like but I also have all those parts wrapped in XPel paint protection film. it's not hard to imagine that rocks etc nailing it. In the past, I've had cars with out any protection up front and after a couple years I definitely see paint imperfections like that which require a respray. Any kind of clear bra like XPel is a good add-on to prevent stuff like this. I have it on all my cars now.
+1

It's not cheap, but works

DDP