Peeling paint on windshield pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper

Reaction score
I have a white '13...same spot peeling. It's annoying yet somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one, ha.

OP
OP
BMONTES

BMONTES

Reaction score
I have a white '13...same spot peeling. It's annoying yet somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one, ha.
Yeah too bad, this is really a instance of poor workmanship from Ford. Just talked it over with the shop I plan to use. So I’m looking at $700 for repaint and removal of the windshield. I think I might work some magic with the guys ;) haha. Maybe get a better price. I will keep you guys posted, but this is getting worse every week and needs to be addressed. I will plan to take it in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
BMONTES

BMONTES

Reaction score
Body shop manager here. Full proper method for paint warranty: you always clear to the end of the panel - shops don't rip clear blends anymore because they don't last. Sucks, but doing it right would be remove windshield, bed, and rear upper cab corner trim (which i believe requires pulling the rear glass to get out the lower rivet), repair and refinish A-pillar, blend color up pillar, and clear along roof edge, and down the cab corner. I'd find a rock chip in the windshield (free in FL with ins, dunno bout your state) and have one on stand-by in case they break it removing the glass, happens way too often.

Cheapie way would be pull windshield, and have the shop roll-edge the pillar and spray just the inner side of the a-pillar. it needs prepped right to prevent the other paint from lifting, i wouldn't trust trying to scrap sand and feather down in the valley next to the glass - more peeling would probably show up.

Ford is better than some (except for you econovans!) but most companies have a problem with their white sticking, its so odd. We've repainted quite a few 2018+ Nissan titans for peeling issues, a few newish honda odysseys too for warranty. Suxs it showed up so late in life.

BTW, thank you for replying and the insight. I’ve talked to a local shop and they outlined this exact method for proper repaint. Glad to see people in my neighborhood know what they are doing.