Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Tune first from JDM, then reevaluate if you want the PC.

Agreed, IF you are not worried about potentially voiding parts of your warranty. I would love to get a tune, as with my last truck, however with the 100,000 miles warranty it was not worth it to me. Plus, I think this truck has plenty of power, and with the PC, it adds the throttle response kick to improve performance. I have had mine for 6 months on a 2020 and love it.

Here is something to think about based off of my experience with PC. Before I had a PC, every once in a while I would flatten the gas pedal from a stop or slow roll and there would be a hesitation. Some have sited on this forum that the delay put them in a dangerous situation. Some will say to put it in Sport Mode to overcome this. Yes, this is somewhat true. However, Sport Mode changes other dynamics of the truck, such as suspension setting, shifting settings, etc. I found that running it is Sport Mode the whole time drove me nuts because of the high-rev shifting. I didn't want to wind-it-up to the high revs required to shift in many situations. PC fixed the 90% of the time in Normal Mode.

Again, a tune may cause you warranty nightmares down the road.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had a PC for over a year now on my '11 SCREW with 170k miles and really like it. If you aren't going to do a bunch of upgrades and get a custom tune, go for it. If you plan on doing those things, save the money.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that its plug and play and if you don't like it you can just disconnect it. It doesn't change anything.

That being said, I'm not a fan.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, IF you are not worried about potentially voiding parts of your warranty. I would love to get a tune, as with my last truck, however with the 100,000 miles warranty it was not worth it to me. Plus, I think this truck has plenty of power, and with the PC, it adds the throttle response kick to improve performance. I have had mine for 6 months on a 2020 and love it.

Here is something to think about based off of my experience with PC. Before I had a PC, every once in a while I would flatten the gas pedal from a stop or slow roll and there would be a hesitation. Some have sited on this forum that the delay put them in a dangerous situation. Some will say to put it in Sport Mode to overcome this. Yes, this is somewhat true. However, Sport Mode changes other dynamics of the truck, such as suspension setting, shifting settings, etc. I found that running it is Sport Mode the whole time drove me nuts because of the high-rev shifting. I didn't want to wind-it-up to the high revs required to shift in many situations. PC fixed the 90% of the time in Normal Mode.

Again, a tune may cause you warranty nightmares down the road.

The PCM only counts the amount of flashes, it does not tell Ford that you ran a Tune.
So all you say is I don't know, "I don't mess with the truck, maybe the recalls I brought the truck in for". :)

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Super new, here and with a Raptor in general...less than 24hrs. But what is the thought on these? They get great reviews, but I've really only seen their website, and those can be skewed to favor them.

good bad or other wise

Thanks

Just skip it and go straight to a programmer of your choice I have Cobb but there are others that are good as well. Your already half way there with PC.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The PCM only counts the amount of flashes, it does not tell Ford that you ran a Tune.
So all you say is I don't know, "I don't mess with the truck, maybe the recalls I brought the truck in for". :)
Not true at all ask me how I know....