Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won’t

It would be hard to prove since all it does is increases the pedal response rate. It would be like mashing the pedal every time you go—I’m sure it’ll cause some strain (due to torque) but not to the point of immediate failure.

Last edited:

VolksDragon

Reaction score
After sitting on my desk for three weeks, I finally got some time to install the Pedal Commander I picked up from Freedom Motorsports. I feel like somebody should have told me about this WAY sooner!

Install took me like 3 minutes, and then I spent some time hooning about on some deserted county roads checking out the various modes. This thing totally changes how the truck behaves, and is worth every penny!

Anything above Sport +1 was unusable on the street, as it just banged downshifts like 3-4 gears at a time and just spun the rear wheels on demand. I settled on City +1 for now, and it feels MUCH more responsive, better shifts, less lag and overall just quicker everywhere. This is how the truck should have been calibrated from the factory.

Pedal%20Commander%20web.jpg

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

After sitting on my desk for three weeks, I finally got some time to install the Pedal Commander I picked up from Freedom Motorsports. I feel like somebody should have told me about this WAY sooner!

Install took me like 3 minutes, and then I spent some time hooning about on some deserted county roads checking out the various modes. This thing totally changes how the truck behaves, and is worth every penny!

Anything above Sport +1 was unusable on the street, as it just banged downshifts like 3-4 gears at a time and just spun the rear wheels on demand. I settled on City +1 for now, and it feels MUCH more responsive, better shifts, less lag and overall just quicker everywhere. This is how the truck should have been calibrated from the factory.

Thank you sir. I run mine on City +4 daily. Couldn’t stand to drive without it. We have plenty more!

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score

Looks clean. Similar to mine, except on the other side of the wheel.

B-C

Reaction score
Yup I'm sold - So where is the best price currently?

Recently had a rover mechanic telling me about these - he said its one of the best/easiest mods with immediate results,
as long as you can handle the fuel mileage - specifically because of how fun it becomes to drive was part of his reasoning for the massively decreased mpg and fuel prices in CA are not exactly cheap (~$4 per gallon).

thx Volks for the recent shots and info! - didn't filter through the last several years of posts!

VolksDragon

Reaction score
Yup I'm sold - So where is the best price currently?

Recently had a rover mechanic telling me about these - he said its one of the best/easiest mods with immediate results,
as long as you can handle the fuel mileage - specifically because of how fun it becomes to drive was part of his reasoning for the massively decreased mpg and fuel prices in CA are not exactly cheap (~$4 per gallon).

thx Volks for the recent shots and info! - didn't filter through the last several years of posts!

PM Rick from Freedom Motorsports (scroll up a few posts), his was the best price I could find.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

PM Rick from Freedom Motorsports (scroll up a few posts), his was the best price I could find.

Thank you sir for the shout-out. We still offer these to FRF members and on sale for Veterans Day, so have a great price on them with 2nd day shipping.

Viperi

Reaction score
I have a pedal commander but find the shift points sluggish. Will a tuner fix that and work with the pedal comander? Whats the best tuner to fix this?