Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any cons about buying a used pedal commander? It's just plug and play right they dont get married to a vehicle once used?

I just bought mine on Amazon for $299 for the BT model. It removes the hesitation in the pedal (City +2) and feels like it’s a naturally aspirated engine. Totally worth it.

magaraptor

Reaction score
You have no understanding of what is being talked about here or the pedal commander. The system is drive by wire it’s electronic not linkage so you can dial out all the lag that Ford puts into the system to protect the drivetrain so when you hit the pedal instead of it taking a second and a half to take off you dial that lag out with peddle commander and take off in a tenth of a second, you can just boil the tires,

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That second and a half is to protect the drivetrain? Where are you reading that?

The only person who notices the difference is the driver. For passengers, it’s a nice smooth acceleration.

Reaction score
If you search David Wheaton in the the FB group he ran it down in Baja with @EXO, had it installed by @svc. Here's his main post:

"Alright boys and girls, time for me to give an unsolicited review of the Pedal Commander. Yes, I'm a customer of SVC Offroad and they are who let me try it out in Baja, but no monies came my way.
First off, the Pedal Commander is a small electronic device that plugs in between our fly by wire accelerator pedal and the ECU. 100% plug and play, installs in minutes and includes a Velcro'd bracket that attaches to the dash.
Pretty neat so far, but what does it do?
Basically, you now have 25 different throttle maps. You have one for Eco/Valet where the throttle is extremely slow to respond and won't go anywhere near WOT.
Now for the part we care about. The tree main modes are City, Sport, and Sport+. Each of these can be made less sensitive by 4 settings and more sensitive by 4 settings. Hence 24 settings from the City mode -4 to the Sport+ +4.
City is great around town, very responsive while being quite drive able without snapping your passengers head back. Once we go to Offroad Mode, this is where the Pedal Commander truly shines. We all know how sluggish the throttle feels once that Offroad button is pushed. Now it's all magically back in your control.
This past weekend down in Baja, I spent most of my time in Sport mode sharpened to +2. Now I had the throttle response the truck normally has but with all the benefits of he Offroad Mode.
In the whoops, I had throttle response to stay on top without creating more speed. I could modulate through corners and transfer weight to the rear immediately when something would sneak up on us and not once was there a single light on the dash.
Pretty magical little box, all factory locking connectors and everything you need to wake up Offroad Mode. Best $300 you could ever spend on your Rqptor."

Thanks for the review! I'll be getting one soon...

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
Nope, you can take it off anytime and sell it if you choose to. I wouldn't take mine off though, been on for 3 years and can't stand driving without it now.

If you need one, just let me know, be happy to help with getting you the FRF member pricing.

Agree. Once you have it mounted and installed you can simply turn it off if you don't want to use it. I love it because you can change your throttle response as often as you change moods during the day.

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
That second and a half is to protect the drivetrain? Where are you reading that?

The only person who notices the difference is the driver. For passengers, it’s a nice smooth acceleration.

Both true and false. When I first installed mine and experienced Sport+ mode for the first time, my wife complained of neck aches for the next two weeks! JK, but if you're not used to those Sport modes you'll look like a kid learning stick for the first time in their parent's car.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both true and false. When I first installed mine and experienced Sport+ mode for the first time, my wife complained of neck aches for the next two weeks! JK, but if you're not used to those Sport modes you'll look like a kid learning stick for the first time in their parent's car.

I ended up turning mine off after my Mercedes’ rear diff got stuck in 4Matic (4wd) and had to be replaced. I’m sure it’s unrelated, but I didn’t want to put too much strain on the diff by all the quick snaps. I turn it on once in a while, but leave it off for the most part.

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
I ended up turning mine off after my Mercedes’ rear diff got stuck in 4Matic (4wd) and had to be replaced. I’m sure it’s unrelated, but I didn’t want to put too much strain on the diff by all the quick snaps. I turn it on once in a while, but leave it off for the most part.

Oh wow. Yeah better safe than sorry. I've always wondered if it's safe to install for the truck, but I've personally never been given/had a reason not to use it. I'm not sure I'd use it in 4x4 mode though, and haven't yet.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not read on this forum or any other forum that the PC adversely affects the drivetrain or anyone's drivetrain has been damaged by using it. Speak up if it has happened to you with a Raptor.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not read on this forum or any other forum that the PC adversely affects the drivetrain or anyone's drivetrain has been damaged by using it. Speak up if it has happened to you with a Raptor.
You won’t