Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I got my PC this last week. Is there an issue with the ECO mode not working?
That is the biggest reason I got it. My Roush is not snow friendly and dumbing the throttle down was what I wanted with winter here...

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been sticking them to the metal trim right below the three air vents in the other side. Been there for over a year and has never came loose.

There are several images in this thread of others mounting it to plastic with no comments about it not sticking. Go figure.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I got my PC this last week. Is there an issue with the ECO mode not working?
That is the biggest reason I got it. My Roush is not snow friendly and dumbing the throttle down was what I wanted with winter here...

Hold the button for at least 3 seconds to get it into ECO mode.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is mounted on a nice flat surface.

IMG_7590.1.jpg

If you happen to normally use a good amount of interior detailer spray solicone etc, it's possible that you didn't get it all cleaned off before attaching it there.

If all else fails, you can picked some more velcro from the local auto parts store and replace it.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you happen to normally use a good amount of interior detailer spray solicone etc, it's possible that you didn't get it all cleaned off before attaching it there.

If all else fails, you can picked some more velcro from the local auto parts store and replace it.

Thanks for the info. I haven't used anything on that area that would pollute the surface. I'll just have to give it another good cleaning and use some double sided tape, or as you say, replace the Velcro. Don't really need the Velcro anyway since the unit is snapped into a holder.

rdwngs4402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with the Velcro stick-on adhering to the mounting surface? This one falls off overnight. Its done it since new. Won't stick to the side of the steering column cover side. Utilized the kit included wipe before attaching the Velcro the first time.

I had to clean the plastic a few times with an alcohol wipe before the Velcro stuck.

RDUBPhoto

Reaction score
Do you still need a pedal commander if you are going to get a custom tune or can tunes?

Custom tunes really have nothing to do with the Pedal Commander. This simply changes the throttle response that you can set. To be honest I just used it like crazy at Raptoberfest and it was amazing in Offroad mode. Ford slows down the throttle response from a take off in Offroad mode, I assume so you don't slip as much. No fun in that. With the pedal commander you can take it back up to normal or even touchier making it perfect! It really is an awesome thing to be able to adjust the throttle response with this box. I personally like City +2 for normal driving and then Sport +2 for off-roading. After I got my tune and I left Raptoberfest I forgot to turn it back down and was spinning tires all over the regular road. Basically go buy it.

Reaction score
Custom tunes really have nothing to do with the Pedal Commander. This simply changes the throttle response that you can set. To be honest I just used it like crazy at Raptoberfest and it was amazing in Offroad mode. Ford slows down the throttle response from a take off in Offroad mode, I assume so you don't slip as much. No fun in that. With the pedal commander you can take it back up to normal or even touchier making it perfect! It really is an awesome thing to be able to adjust the throttle response with this box. I personally like City +2 for normal driving and then Sport +2 for off-roading. After I got my tune and I left Raptoberfest I forgot to turn it back down and was spinning tires all over the regular road. Basically go buy it.

Thank you so much for your reply, I most definitely will be buying one. Thanks again