Pedal Commander???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMEN92

Reaction score
Question ..

i have a 2020 gen 2 and has pedal commander installed

when it’s on currently in city +2

do i need to set the settings on the raptor options to sport mode or something else ? Or it’s don’t matter what mode the truck is in as pedal commander over rides ?
Thanks in advance

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Question ..

i have a 2020 gen 2 and has pedal commander installed

when it’s on currently in city +2

do i need to set the settings on the raptor options to sport mode or something else ? Or it’s don’t matter what mode the truck is in as pedal commander over rides ?
Thanks in advance
No. In fact, I’d recommend you set the pedal commander down to either city or city +1 if you do any off roading.

I run one on my 2017, most of my riding around is in normal mode where city +2 is probably great. I’ve used it but throttled it back because I found Raptor sport mode with city+2 was too binary. Nowhere near as bad as putting p/c into sport mode, but you just lack fine throttle control. You need fine throttle control off road.

Here’s the issue: The Raptor has no ‘normal’ drive mode, despite what the menu and manual says, it’s basically the F150 eco mode. It jumps into top gear as fast as it can, and does everything possible to appease former gen1 owners with high mpg’s. Sport mode is its polar opposite, with basically a driving minimum rpm of 2000, no skip shift, a more linear throttle response, etc. Sport mode on the Raptor and pedal commander higher than city +1 and I find that rpms hang and the slightest throttle input makes the truck think you’re back on the gas hard, when you barely moved the pedal. That said, sport mode is not a 1 to 1 throttle map, it’s just a little underneath 1 to 1. Throw it into Mud and sand, or Baja and you have a true 1 to 1 throttle map and anything higher than city really detracts from your fine throttle control.

I’ve also read some posts on FRF for later MY gen 2’s having CEL with pedal commanders, I can’t confirm, not had an issue myself.
All the pedal commander does is alter the throttle out signal so that the throttle responds more like we’re used to coming from pretty much any other vehicle.

HTH!

GMEN92

Reaction score
No. In fact, I’d recommend you set the pedal commander down to either city or city +1 if you do any off roading.

I run one on my 2017, most of my riding around is in normal mode where city +2 is probably great. I’ve used it but throttled it back because I found Raptor sport mode with city+2 was too binary. Nowhere near as bad as putting p/c into sport mode, but you just lack fine throttle control. You need fine throttle control off road.

Here’s the issue: The Raptor has no ‘normal’ drive mode, despite what the menu and manual says, it’s basically the F150 eco mode. It jumps into top gear as fast as it can, and does everything possible to appease former gen1 owners with high mpg’s. Sport mode is its polar opposite, with basically a driving minimum rpm of 2000, no skip shift, a more linear throttle response, etc. Sport mode on the Raptor and pedal commander higher than city +1 and I find that rpms hang and the slightest throttle input makes the truck think you’re back on the gas hard, when you barely moved the pedal. That said, sport mode is not a 1 to 1 throttle map, it’s just a little underneath 1 to 1. Throw it into Mud and sand, or Baja and you have a true 1 to 1 throttle map and anything higher than city really detracts from your fine throttle control.

I’ve also read some posts on FRF for later MY gen 2’s having CEL with pedal commanders, I can’t confirm, not had an issue myself.
All the pedal commander does is alter the throttle out signal so that the throttle responds more like we’re used to coming from pretty much any other vehicle.

HTH!
Ok thanks appreciate it

yea i honestly don’t do much If any off road unfortunately
Mainly streets of ny and Long Island
But i have the raptor in its normal mode and sport steering..
and have the pedal commander at city +2 and was leaning to city +1

just wasn’t sure if needed to put the raptor in sport mode as well
Thanks for the input

thanks again