Pedal Commander Stuffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the pedal commander world. So far it is great. Wildly responsive to meh.

I'm wondering what are some of the favorite settings with ya'll, so i can figger out which one i want to run more often

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
For Jen Juan, tough to say. Jen Too, I use City to City +2.

My rationale is that City is just a touch too soft on the 2017 throttle map. City +1 is sort of the sweet spot for city driving and +2 is just a touch too much for normal street driving.

That said, Jen Too has no “Normal” drive mode, it’s most analogous to the F150 “ECO” mode. So I use P/C City +1 to make ‘normal’ tolerable.
Without it, she will hold higher gears WAY too long and stubborn. For me, anything higher is too aggressive in an off-road driving mode. I really like Mud and Sand off road and going too far with the P/C makes that even more touchy where it’s just right in “normal”.

For Jen Too, I don’t like any setting above City +2 because it makes the throttle too touchy in every day settings. I tried race and it was just too close to binary like an on off switch. I’d barely move the gas pedal and the boost would peg to max and off we would go with just that minimal input.

#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AntiMatterBlueIsNotBlackEnough

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i ran it for awhile at sport, +1. (the sport setting at plus 1, not the sport+). takes some getting used to so you dont give yourself whiplash when you mash it, but it does get up and go. having the 5.4, it should really make for a nice experience, but get ready to see your mpg's take a poop

OP
OP
MurderedOutSVT

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm still playing with it to find the non whiplash, non lag and happy S/C setting. Sport setting with the S/C are crazy snappy

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my experience with the Pedal Commander. Put it on my Gen 2 a week or two after I had it. Then after about a year it quit working and not knowing what the problem was I had it towed to my local dealer only to find out it was the Pedal Commander. Took it out and got a Banks Pedal Monster. This has a different ,circuitry and if the unit quits Working it goes back to the original setting, so you’re not stranded on the road. They have a video on YouTube
just like the other one you set it up with your phone. I like mine on Sport but the gas pedal is very touchy. Good luck

Squad21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was considering one as well, or wait to get Bolton's and tune it.

girap23

Reaction score
I have a 2013 got my pedal commander few months ago. Was very pleased and happy with the product. Usually run it city+2 Just yesterday jumped in my truck and the deadly wrench light came on. No check engine or rough idle only symptom was slow acceleration and wrench light. Ran scanner no codes. I thought maybe a bad throttle body since I had a similar issue with my 2015 platinum ecoboost. (New throttle body fixed the problem). Cleaned throttle body and nothing. So I decided to unplug my pedal commander and problem fixed everything back to normal. Reinstalled pedal commander and seems to be working fine. Not sure if just a glitch or faulty unit waiting on respond from customer service. Just some input on my experience but just feels like driving a completely new truck. Good luck

Mr H

Reaction score
i ran a PC for about a month on my 6.2 and unplugged it. dont need that much response for city or off road. i'm a lead foot but its too touchy for me.

i have a PC on my gen5 4runner and keep it on city mode, low to high depending on whats going on.

Last edited: