Pedal Commander Gen2 Vs Gen3 observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonfo

Reaction score
My Gen2 was sluggish without the PC, it really needed it. Got sick of changing to sport mode every time i got in. Tried the G3 for a while without it and it is definitely better than G2 was, but still a bit sluggish in normal driving around town. Sport mode changes shifting so much it is annoying and does a lot of engine braking on downhills. Bottom line is it is a good addition for less than $300. Only downside I have found is that it makes it a bit jumpy in parking lot maneuvering.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
have you tried altering the P/C settings? You have -5 through +5 on each PC mode. For Jen Too, I like City through City +2, and I’ve mostly settled on just city +0. I found anything more made low speed throttle too abrupt and imprecise in modes other than normal.

it sounds like Ford has updated the driving and shift strategy a little for ‘normal’ (really eco mode) so maybe backing off the pedal commander would assist.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Roush tune with cold air intake on my Gen2 and I like it. Would the pedal commander help with more power/drive ability? Also would it show up on the computer history (warranty issues)?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’d be campaigning a pedal commander on a tuned truck... Unless the Roush tune doesn’t address shifting. Even then, I’d have thought they would alter the throttle mapping.

You can try it but I wouldn’t go nuts with the settings, as it could turn the throttle into a very binary like switch...