Pedal commander a good purchase or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alewis732

Reaction score
I have a 2019 velocity blue scab and I have read a lot about cobb systems and other aftermarket products that might enhance the driving experience. Does anyone have thought on the pedal commander?

I am a female non-mechanic so I am staying away from products that may destroy my warranty. I have gone from a 2016 Tuscany black ops to a 2018 Raptor with some AI issues to a 2019 raptor that has the recaro package that I am very happy about. I attended the raptor assault class in Utah and was fortunate to attend the first class in 2019 where we got to drive up and down the mountain in very snowy conditions.

PGP40774.JPG

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a PC before I put a tune on it. For what I was after thought it was great. I was disappointed in the take off from the factory and adding the PC in city +3 I believe got rid of the sluggish feeling. If you don’t want to reflash the ECU think it is for sure worth it. Very easy to install as all it is is plugging into your OBD port.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, P/C is good to make the ‘17+ Raptor pedal more linear and added bonus - driving in ‘normal’ mode is much more willing to downshift at part throttle.

buy one used though, they’re expensive for what you get. Or maybe go for one on Black Friday from a supporting vendor here.

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does pedal commander void the warranty? I wanted to get MPT tune but since it voids the warranty I decided against it.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to be clear, a tune does not void your warranty. However, it can give the dealer a chance to deny a warranty claim if they feel the tune caused the failure. In other words, if your power windows stop working, a dealer would be hard pressed to deny your claim based on a tune.

The PC does not leave any trace, so you are less likely do have a warranty claim denied. With all of that said, I would spend a little more money and get the MPT 93 PRX tune. It will really wake your truck up and does not require any mechanical knowledge on your part to install or operate.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all about price in the end. The PC is great because you can usually find one used for 1/2 the price (like I did). If you want to spend more, you will get more out of the "plug and play" tunes these days with the tune and trans tune. I seem to see a natural progression. 1. Get PC new or used. 2. Save some money and sell PC and get tune. 3. Go batshit crazy with new turbos, turbo adapters, intake tubes and a tune....lol