pcm internal memory problem post cobb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bringbackscab

bringbackscab

Reaction score
99 times out of 100, any DTCs/CELs right at startup after a reflash are caused by not waiting long enough after the flash with the key/vehicle in the 'off' position. In this case, codes are generally thrown on other modules that the AP can't read from, which is why you didn't see any DTCs when using the 'Read Codes' function on the AP. No harm/no foul, you'll just need to either reflash again (do a 'Change Map', uninstall/reinstall not necessary) or do a reset to clear the codes.

Thanks,
Sam@COBB
I understand, hence when I uninstalled last evening, I had timed it on my phone at 60 seconds of waiting between both ecu and then tcm removal and the codes still popped again. There were no pending codes at the time of my uninstall. Both times they were on a battery maintainer (4 amps, but new battery and never dipped below 75% charge). I'm just sharing my experience. It's simple enough the clear the codes, but a bit of a pain to have to see the light until I get to clear it. So the 1/100 chance sounds like there's a chance ;-) Thank you for your response!

Link2rick

Reaction score
alright guys, I just reinstalled my cobb with goosetune and i am getting steering assist fault and lane keeping sys malfunction. i have uninstalled cobb and still have it..
I have no power steering.

Any ideas would be helpful.