PCI Radio Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s some pictures. I have 3 mounting locations. A scoche plate (adhesive backed) on either side of the center console and the magnetic mic on a 67designs arm to built right panel.

The magnetic mic is a really strong magnet. Really solid
Yes.. those magnets are good. the EXPO crew that hosts runs through baja uses that and last year pointed it out saying he's glad he found it and will always use it. he's ex sheriff..said they had that in patrol cars too, for what it's worth

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can mount the magnet anywhere. I have seen them on the center console near the shifter.

Funny you say that. I was sitting in my truck last night thinking about mic placement. If I'm driving and need to take my right hand off the wheel to grab a mic while keeping my eyes on the road, where would that mic be? I pretty quickly arrived at the location between my right leg and the shifter on the center console.

Last edited:

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drop my radio across my right leg. My exernal faceplate fits snug right into the void beside the drivers right leg. No need to mount anything. Radio in the back under the rear seat in that compartment and power from the powersupply also under the rear seats.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jm77 Thanks for the pictures. I think I'm going to mount my mic on the center console. My mic is smaller than yours (it's just a mic, no buttons or screen) and I think that angled plastic piece, just above where you have yours mounted on the console is my preferred spot. Can you tell me more about the Scosche plate? Which one are you using? And I'm assuming you are using that Scosche plate with the magnetic mic backing plate? If so, does it hold up(stay in place) when off road? Is it as strong of a magnet as the magnetic mic version?

I was thinking about using some sort of adhesive (3M 2 sided tape) to mount the magnetic mic back plate to that spot on the console. I don't really want to put 2 screws into the console if I don't have to. But the magnetic mic is pretty strong & I'm not sure how a tape will hold up when pulling the mic on and off. I'm on my radio a lot when we do Raptor runs. So that Scosche plate is interesting to me.

Thanks everyone, this has been super helpful!

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jm77 Thanks for the pictures. I think I'm going to mount my mic on the center console. My mic is smaller than yours (it's just a mic, no buttons or screen) and I think that angled plastic piece, just above where you have yours mounted on the console is my preferred spot. Can you tell me more about the Scosche plate? Which one are you using? And I'm assuming you are using that Scosche plate with the magnetic mic backing plate? If so, does it hold up(stay in place) when off road? Is it as strong of a magnet as the magnetic mic version?

I was thinking about using some sort of adhesive (3M 2 sided tape) to mount the magnetic mic back plate to that spot on the console. I don't really want to put 2 screws into the console if I don't have to. But the magnetic mic is pretty strong & I'm not sure how a tape will hold up when pulling the mic on and off. I'm on my radio a lot when we do Raptor runs. So that Scosche plate is interesting to me.

Thanks everyone, this has been super helpful!
Yes, magnetic mic backing plate on the mic and scoche adhesive plate on the center console. Not sure which scoche plate. It’s definitely not as strong as the magnetic mic plate but hasn’t fallen off once for daily driving. A regular mic is probably much lighter which would help too. It’s only adhesive tape so there’s no really harm in trying.

I don’t think adhesive would work for the magnetic mic plate to the dash. The magnetic is really really strong. Even using screws to mount it to a plastic dash I’d probably try to also use a backing plate behind. It’s that strong. Try the magnetic mic/ scoche combo. I think it will work just fine for you.

I was worried the adhesive tape would fail from pulling the mic or heat. Seems to be fine so far.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s some pictures. I have 3 mounting locations. A scoche plate (adhesive backed) on either side of the center console and the magnetic mic on a 67designs arm to built right panel.

The magnetic mic is a really strong magnet. Really solid
K.. little side tracking here.. I notice your pillar lights..as they are my mind for my truck. I have the BD Squadrons, but they're the sports and not the brightest lamp in the series.. are those BDs? LP4s? if so, how did they mount as the brackets I have from BD are single hole mounts for the lights..

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K.. little side tracking here.. I notice your pillar lights..as they are my mind for my truck. I have the BD Squadrons, but they're the sports and not the brightest lamp in the series.. are those BDs? LP4s? if so, how did they mount as the brackets I have from BD are single hole mounts for the lights..
Yes, LP4 on SDHQ mounts. They only use 1 hole for mounting to the brackets. I’d assume they would work?? Really happy with the lights, added the little blockers to the inside of the passenger light. That was a bit annoying but all good now.

Take the squadrons and use them as rear bumper or dust lights. Win/win

Attachments

• 10CF07B1-866C-4814-BEB5-3405D4F97333.jpeg
    10CF07B1-866C-4814-BEB5-3405D4F97333.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 28

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those bracket he has appear to be from SDHQ. The visible bolt is the give-away as theirs is a 2 piece bracket. The lights appear to be the BD LP's. Nice set-up!

I have the BD XL 80 A-pillar lights and love them. What I didn't love was their bracket. I ended up with the SPV Heavy Duty bracket (link below). That bracket leaves a nice even gap between the bracket and the fender. I've heard great things about SDHQ brackets too.

My advice would be either XL 80 or LP4 on the A-pillar. Even the Squadrom Pro's are half the light output as either of these two lights. Unless you have a light bar up higher, these will be your main off road lights, so go big! Also, get the amber lens. Clear on the A-pillar isn't good in anything but perfect air. Rain, fog, snow, dust, they all reflect light too much with a clear lens with having the light source at your windshield.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, LP4 on SDHQ mounts. They only use 1 hole for mounting to the brackets. I’d assume they would work?? Really happy with the lights, added the little blockers to the inside of the passenger light. That was a bit annoying but all good now.

Take the squadrons and use them as rear bumper or dust lights. Win/win
Ha! You beat me to replying. Nice set up you have!! I was between yours and the XL80's that I went with.

5B9BA753-300D-4022-85D6-33B6E129EF35.jpeg