PCI Radio Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how you wired the lights, did you have to source your own wire? According BPD, the leads for the lights are only 8 inches long. Where did you ground the lights. I'm thinking of doing the exact same set up.
Are the lights bright enough for chase lights? I like my oem 3rd brake light and find the GJ to expensive and not very good looking, so I really like this solution.

You’ll have to source your own wiring. I ran both power and ground to the upfitter switch wires in the pass Ange side kick panel. There is a ground post there that you can use.

I was also concerned about the lights not being bright enough, so I also ran some Baja Designs S1’s and mounted them under the bumper. The combination worked out great for me.

blaiseam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the PCI radio installed? Looking to install one in the center console of my gen 3 as well.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Did you get the PCI radio installed? Looking to install one in the center console of my gen 3 as well.

I installed the radio in the center console of my Gen 2. Process should be the same. Take your time, don't force anything and don't rush through it. I removed the passanger seat along with all the passanger side trim.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread to see if anyone has any information how to remove the center console. I purchased an Icom from LVJ and plan to install it next week. On my previous Gen2, my thoughts were to use the accessory outlet in the console for power to the radio. The Gen3’s have a USB-C. What is everyone’s recommendation for power supply?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread to see if anyone has any information how to remove the center console. I purchased an Icom from LVJ and plan to install it next week. On my previous Gen2, my thoughts were to use the accessory outlet in the console for power to the radio. The Gen3’s have a USB-C. What is everyone’s recommendation for power supply?

I went straight out to the battery. Faceplate is in the media compartment. Main part is behind passanger rear seat.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s recommended to run power for radios direct to the battery to prevent signal interference. Also, depending on the size of the radio, they can have a pretty big power draw on transmission. Think my 110w is like 16 amps.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went straight out to the battery. Faceplate is in the media compartment. Main part is behind passanger rear seat.
What radio do you have? @Nex I would like to that too.. would you post a pic if you can?
I had the simple center console mount that hangs there in my 18 and can do same now with my 22.. but would like to know options

and for everyone wondering how to run the wires.. (it is recommended that you go directly like stated above.. to battery to get the power needed to broadcast efficiently..and not melt wires from current draws)

remove pass seat or at least undo all four bolts, use a vari bit inside the console (I know, drilling a hole in your truck.. LOL ) and then you can just fish them through carpet and side of console. I did that for the power and the antenna..worked great. but now with the 22 and that nice little compartment above glove..

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score