PCI Radio Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, LP4 on SDHQ mounts. They only use 1 hole for mounting to the brackets. I’d assume they would work?? Really happy with the lights, added the little blockers to the inside of the passenger light. That was a bit annoying but all good now.

Take the squadrons and use them as rear bumper or dust lights. Win/win
yea.. that was the thought.. recycle the squads.. how are you mounting the trac boards? I thought I was privy to most of the mounting systems for our trucks.. appears I am not lol..

wish i knew about the those brackets before.. are they less expensive than BDs? they won't even sell you the brackets unless you can prove you had bought their lights and they were still bout 160 for the pair of brackets..
Those bracket he has appear to be from SDHQ. The visible bolt is the give-away as theirs is a 2 piece bracket. The lights appear to be the BD LP's. Nice set-up!

I have the BD XL 80 A-pillar lights and love them. What I didn't love was their bracket. I ended up with the SPV Heavy Duty bracket (link below). That bracket leaves a nice even gap between the bracket and the fender. I've heard great things about SDHQ brackets too.

My advice would be either XL 80 or LP4 on the A-pillar. Even the Squadrom Pro's are half the light output as either of these two lights. Unless you have a light bar up higher, these will be your main off road lights, so go big! Also, get the amber lens. Clear on the A-pillar isn't good in anything but perfect air. Rain, fog, snow, dust, they all reflect light too much with a clear lens with having the light source at your windshield.

and it appears that is the going price for those style of brackets..

the extra bolt on side is why i asked originally if you had the LPs.. thought when i looked at them online.. it had two mounting bolts..actually just looked at them now and they have 3 holes. guess you can use just center hole.. as you guys did, lol..

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@highway420 ya, builtright bulkhead, axia alloys maxtrax mount and maxtrax mounting pins. I’m not the original to do it but happy I did. Really solid and maintains full use of the bed. I added some plastic spacers to support the bulkhead from pushing forward against the bed wall and can haul dirt bikes with no movement or bending.

Attachments

• 79A4EC53-0807-40C2-9B15-635E5827A95A.jpeg
    79A4EC53-0807-40C2-9B15-635E5827A95A.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 5A11192D-2FFF-417B-BC5B-7E0ED427CA74.jpeg
    5A11192D-2FFF-417B-BC5B-7E0ED427CA74.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 49

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@highway420 ya, builtright bulkhead, axia alloys maxtrax mount and maxtrax mounting pins. I’m not the original to do it but happy I did. Really solid and maintains full use of the bed. I added some plastic spacers to support the bulkhead from pushing forward against the bed wall and can haul dirt bikes with no movement or bending.
Nice set up in your bed. I’ve got the L tracks as well. I used them for spare tire tie down with a Y strap and for a cooler.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set up in your bed. I’ve got the L tracks as well. I used them for spare tire tie down with a Y strap and for a cooler.
Out of everything the L track might be my favorite and most used mod.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a magnetic base on the dash builtrite panel for the mic. I unplug it and keep it in the center console when not in use.

Thanks for sharing all this!! I am going to install my radio exactly like yours with an Anytone unit paired with their bluetooth mic. The pics are extremely helpful.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all this!! I am going to install my radio exactly like yours with an Anytone unit paired with their bluetooth mic. The pics are extremely helpful.

Take your time taking the center console apart. Ask away if you have any questions.