Payload - does the Gen 3 (37") carry load better than Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
To anyone who has swapped their Gen 2 for a Gen 3 - does the Gen 3 handle load in the pickup bed better than the Gen 2?

I currently have a Gen 2, with a roof top tent mounted over the bed. I'm looking into mounting more gear, maybe changing to a truck camper (Alu-Cab style) for increased winter comfort, but my Gen 2 is already looking lower than stock at the back, and due to Norwegian laws for modding vehicles I can't easily fit a leveling kit or other mechanical changes as they aren't TÜV approved

Would a Gen 3 suit my needs better? Looking at a 2022 37" with all the goodies, from the specs it appears to have a nearly 200kg higher payload rating which would cover me nicely, but if that is just a number on paper and the truck will still squat massively then it doesn't help me much ;)
I had a gen 2 and my spring company added a lead below the top first one. That stiffened up the ride a bit but eliminated the squat completely. The Gen 3 will be a challenge as there is limited after market solutions. I added an inside coil made for dodge HD airbag - see other thread.

In the Gen 2, I had a Diamond Back Cover and iKamper mini roof top ten. Udner cover a pullkithcen.com and Jackery.