Paying msrp gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Is it possible to special order a new raptor and pay only msrp no markups? I was looking at getting a blacked out diesel tremor at msrp if I ordered it but wife doesn’t want big diesel truck ( this will be family truck , my other vehicles are plumbing vans and she has Lexus rx350 ) or is there no way other than 10k markups? I found a nice looking blue 2017 with 50k on it for about $60,000 but that’s 5 years old I thought for another 20 brand new would be better deal

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it is possible. It’s highly unlikely. Not only do you need to find an msrp dealership but a dealership with an allocation as well. Right now those seem to be hard to come by and not only that, if you haven’t been researching this forum , you’ll learn it will be a 6 months to a year to get your ordered truck. My opinion would be find a low mileage gen two. They are out there and no mark ups. I love mine. I don’t think the gen 3 offers much more than what I already have.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was close to pulling the trigger on an F150 Tremor for MSRP and my wife pointed out that she knows I wouldn’t be happy with it. Get what you want.
Agree. Don’t second guess yourself; get the Tremor @ MSRP, especially knowing you can get it for MSRP! She has her ride…get what you want.

OP
OP
S

Southocplumber

Reaction score
Agree. Don’t second guess yourself; get the Tremor @ MSRP, especially knowing you can get it for MSRP! She has her ride…get what you want.
So it’s the dif between a diesel super duty and a 1/2 ton , I don’t tow anything right now but will be getting a tt prob no more that 5k lbs , maybe a ****** boat and that’s under 5k

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was close to pulling the trigger on an F150 Tremor for MSRP and my wife pointed out that she knows I wouldn’t be happy with it. Get what you want.
I had one on order for MSRP and $3k cash back from Ford. Let the order go after comparing it to my Gen 2 on the lot. Just couldn't do it. That said, it has different capabilities, just don't need them right now.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to special order a new raptor and pay only msrp no markups? I was looking at getting a blacked out diesel tremor at msrp if I ordered it but wife doesn’t want big diesel truck ( this will be family truck , my other vehicles are plumbing vans and she has Lexus rx350 ) or is there no way other than 10k markups? I found a nice looking blue 2017 with 50k on it for about $60,000 but that’s 5 years old I thought for another 20 brand new would be better deal
Well right now you can't order a 22 super duty since the order banks closed a month or two ago.

I'll sell you my 2019 for 70k if that makes you feel better!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it’s the dif between a diesel super duty and a 1/2 ton , I don’t tow anything right now but will be getting a tt prob no more that 5k lbs , maybe a ****** boat and that’s under 5k
If you're going to be pulling a travel trailer I wouldn't think twice about buying the Super Duty diesel. I've owned several of them and they're a dream to pull with. Like everything, it comes at a cost though. Diesel prices are an obvious disadvantage. Then there's the oil changes are $250 instead of $50. Every 20,000 miles it needs a fuel filter which adds another $150 to that oil change. And then there's the worry of getting water in your fuel. If that happens you're facing a $10,000 repair that insurance doesn't cover.

If you don't mind the cost and other issues, you won't be disappointed with the truck. It's a very substantial vehicle that has an overall feel and stance all its own. If you need to sell the idea to the little woman, be sure to remind her that it's one of the safest vehicles that she can plant her fanny in, and more importantly your children. Nearly 4 tons of steel and military grade aluminum alloy put it at near the top of the food chain in a vehicle accident.
I used to investigate accidents for a living and came to the conclusion that the old saying "size matters" definitely rings true on the highway.
Good luck my friend. Let us know which way you go.
You won't be disappointed either way.