Pay $5k over MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found a dealer in my area who is taking orders on Thursday for $5k over MSRP. I really want this vehicle ASAP but my husband is balking. Does this seem reasonable to you guys?
Dayum. Missed this the first time around. If my wife was willing to buy a Raptor, I'd pay $5k over MSRP in a heartbeat. I'd never have to drive that dayumned Lezbaru again. That would be worth every penny.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the turbo model next time. :p
Yeah. Or even the six cylinder. We inherited it. It would be gone by now but for the miserable market for cars. Another year or two and I'll upgrade her. What's annoying is that she doesn't want a "fancy" badge. I've got time to work on that. ;)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah. Or even the six cylinder. We inherited it. It would be gone by now but for the miserable market for cars. Another year or two and I'll upgrade her. What's annoying is that she doesn't want a "fancy" badge. I've got time to work on that. ;)

My wife was like “who’s paying for this? how much will this cost us?” Never mind, like Joel Osteen says, my wife with credit card in hand is humming to “Take it to the limit” while I’m thinking at the same time “Take it Easy”... But that’s another story.

Then we test drove the Lincoln. On the way home she’s like “when are we picking up the new car?”.
Now, unfortunately there is not likely to be any serious consideration to selling her legacy because she’s terrible at keeping vehicles clean. Maintained, she’s ok, but she’s definitely not great at keeping a clean car. Likely this is going to end up as some teenager’s first car.