Pay $5k over MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Speaking of suckers, I don't know how true it was but Fred Beans Ford in West Chester told me yesterday they had 3 slots. 2 were sold and they are asking 15k over.. but that area is FULL of money so I also wouldn't be surprised, the Mclaren/Lambo dealership is right down the street. So sounds like people might actually be paying it unfortunately

If you are shopping at a dealership located in a high-net-worth area, it stands to reason that excessive markups will be the norm.

You need to be calling dealerships in rural or at least small suburban towns.

People on TRX forums were complaining about $30-40k markups in LA. Like.. no shit.

BossRaptor

Reaction score
Honestly these are very bad times for buyers. Dealers have all the leverage. As supply increases things might get better. Most of the Ford dealers have turned into used car lots. There is amazing amount of Gen 2 Raptors in the inventory in the Phx area. Most of them at prices your can buy a Gen 3 at. Please try hard not to pay ADM!

Last edited:

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only dealership to call me back to get MSRP is actually in Amish country and they deal mostly with work trucks. Their lot's are completely empty but super friendly people.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hard to begrudge dealers their markups in a time like this. Ford isn't giving them many vehicles to sell, period. They need to pay their employees and keep the lights on. If someone is willing to pay $20k over, they're stupid not to take it.
I get what you‘re saying but how does “THIER NEED to pay their employees & keep lights on” become my problem?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it becomes your problem when they are selling the product you want
Some folks don’t have deep pockets like you, “Kaz”. Provided I did, paying ADM is not in my deck of cards. Don’t need or want the product that damn bad.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly these are very bad times for buyers. Dealers have all the leverage. As supply increases things might get better. Most of the Ford dealers have turned into used car lots. There is amazing amount of Gen 2 Raptors in the inventory in the Phx area. Most of them at prices your can buy a Gen 3 at. Please try hard not to pay ADM!
It’s crazy here in Arizona. So many trucks in inventory and I’m actually see price history increase on trucks that have been for sale 50+ days. The tables have to turn at some point

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some folks don’t have deep pockets like you, “Kaz”. Provided I did, paying ADM is not in my deck of cards. Don’t need or want the product that damn bad.
First of all you need a snickers......secondly you asked how is it your problem so I explained to you cause and effect. The solution to the problem is pretty simple.

1. Pay the ADM
2. Dont pay and hunt for a dealership the well sell at MSRP and get it in writing
3. Just wait a year and most dealership will be off the hype and be more likely to sell at MSRP

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the market to ask for a discount! Especially on a limited production specialty vehicle lol. I agree with paying msrp if you can. If it were me fist I would see if the truck has a vin# and next see when it was scheduled for production. If it will be delivered within the next two - three months it may be worth $2k over sticker to get your truck ( time is $ ) . Just my thought. ARE YOU TRADING A VEHICLE?