Pay $5k over MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my dealership in Kansas, tell me MSRP deals are no longer due to the current chip shortage. ADM ranging from 5K -25K. I was number 5 on that list. Told them to kick rocks, i wont be ordering from there

Doubledown

Reaction score
A friend who works at a Ford dealership messaged me yesterday and said they have one allocation for the R and mark up will be $25-$50k over MSRP. They already have someone on the list. They are also getting 2 allocations for regular Raptors and they will be marked up $25k. I said no thank you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just had my dealership in Kansas, tell me MSRP deals are no longer due to the current chip shortage. ADM ranging from 5K -25K. I was number 5 on that list. Told them to kick rocks, i wont be ordering from there

A friend who works at a Ford dealership messaged me yesterday and said they have one allocation for the R and mark up will be $25-$50k over MSRP. They already have someone on the list. They are also getting 2 allocations for regular Raptors and they will be marked up $25k. I said no thank you.

<Burns>
Excellent Smithers!
</Burns>

I’d have been a bit less charitable. At least they didn’t lure you into the stealership to tell you. I hope they end up stuck with the trucks too, sitting on the lot for months on end as people scoot on down to the local Dodge dealers and buy Rebels and TRX’s.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impossible for them to have an allocation for the R already.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue Springs Ford just reached out to me to let me know they would allow me the privilege of buying a product if I tipped them 5k. I told them I have a dealer offering MSRP with no tip, and that if they were serious about selling a truck they could call me back if no tip is required.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Hard to begrudge dealers their markups in a time like this. Ford isn't giving them many vehicles to sell, period. They need to pay their employees and keep the lights on. If someone is willing to pay $20k over, they're stupid not to take it.

AlexDV

Reaction score
Riata Ford in the Austin area just told me that their Raptors were going at a 10k markup. I said no thanks.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of suckers, I don't know how true it was but Fred Beans Ford in West Chester told me yesterday they had 3 slots. 2 were sold and they are asking 15k over.. but that area is FULL of money so I also wouldn't be surprised, the Mclaren/Lambo dealership is right down the street. So sounds like people might actually be paying it unfortunately