Pay $5k over MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelseyw7788

Reaction score
I found a dealer in my area who is taking orders on Thursday for $5k over MSRP. I really want this vehicle ASAP but my husband is balking. Does this seem reasonable to you guys?

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Especially not in the current environment when there is so much uncertainty around when you will get the truck.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell that dealer: "Listen Fat, with a custom order you still get the holdback (roughly 3%), and the advertising assistance and floorplan assistance from Ford even though I am taking delivery of the truck immediately. How about we stick to MSRP like all the other reasonable dealers close to us that I am willing to drive to, and then I will bring my vehicle here for service which is where you really make the profit"

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s a big nut. For $5k, my wife and I can fly to Dublin, bus it up to Lisburn and pick up a bike for the week, jog back down and catch a ferry to the Isle of Man, watch the TT for a week while staying at a B&B. grab a ferry over to Liverpool when done with the fortnite, check out England and Scotland for a few days, head back to Ireland, drop off the bike, and fly home.

Or I could fly to Switzerland with the wife and we could explore the various Alps passes for a few weeks.

Or to put this in Raptor terms:

That’s about 4 changes of tires.

Or a chase rack, extra spare, a jack, some recovery gear and a really fun off road trip.

Don’t pay over MSRP.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a big nut. For $5k, my wife and I can fly to Dublin, bus it up to Lisburn and pick up a bike for the week, jog back down and catch a ferry to the Isle of Man, watch the TT for a week while staying at a B&B. grab a ferry over to Liverpool when done with the fortnite, check out England and Scotland for a few days, head back to Ireland, drop off the bike, and fly home.

Or I could fly to Switzerland with the wife and we could explore the various Alps passes for a few weeks.

Or to put this in Raptor terms:

That’s about 4 changes of tires.

Or a chase rack, extra spare, a jack, some recovery gear and a really fun off road trip.

Don’t pay over MSRP.
Or you could rent my OBX place for a week....plus tax and cleaning :) lol that’s 2022 of course.