Passenger side noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suzukimoto2

Reaction score
Guys so been struggling with this one. Have had clunking sound on passenger side of my 2014. I have went through body mounts, sway bar, tie rod ends and ball joints. I did not replace any but all seems to check out. Texas Shock Works sent me fresh suspension which is set on mid perch.

Found the top hat bushing had play in it which I replaced and took the clunking away. Now its certainly better but ended up with more of a bump bump sound on passingerside. Anyway I have a new lower shock bushing coming but not sure if thats going to fix the issue and not even sure its wore out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, post a pic of your Raptor. The front shocks will/can make a noise if the bottom bolt isn't torqued properly, make sure when you fix your shock or whatever you do with it, that you check its torque to 400plus, can't remember exact, think it's 415 to 425.

OP
OP
S

suzukimoto2

Reaction score
Welcome to the place, post a pic of your Raptor. The front shocks will/can make a noise if the bottom bolt isn't torqued properly, make sure when you fix your shock or whatever you do with it, that you check its torque to 400plus, can't remember exact, think it's 415 to 425.

Yes sorry meant to add that shock was torqued to 425lbs

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You try the lower shock mount? You can use these:

Just tap the outer flanged washers off, the kit comes with varying thicknesses to space out and eliminate the gap between the control arm and the shock. Worked like a charm for me when I was running stock shocks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can try and disconnect your sway bar and see if the noise stops, just disconnect the end links. Check for play in the sway bar bushings and replace the end links.